Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Paint a Model, Fund the B&C

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,265 posts

gallery_48988_6285_10531.png

I do not have a lot of spare money, but I do have spare time and a stockpile of models; and I was thinking that there are probably others in a situation similar to mine. So for this year's annual fund drive, I'll be selling a painted model on eBay, and donating the "profit" to the B&C's fund raising.

I am inviting you to join me and make it a mini-event!

The board's funds aren't required until August 31st, and at this stage the plan is to have the model completed by June 30th for a July 1st eBay Auction start. We'll have a Hall of Honour thread open from July to showcase the models that will be sold.
All of the auctions would share a common title, something like "Fund the B&C : {insert unit type}" allowing for the items to be located easily.
Each item would also have the following blurb in the description:

"The Bolter and Chainsword is the net's premier hobby website for all things Warhammer 40k. Buy this model/these models to help keep the B&C around awhile longer. All profit from the sale of this model will be donated to the Bolter and Chainsword for its maintenance and service costs."

As far as actually making  the donation, it will be a straight up honor system. You are volunteering for this and the only enforcer will be yourself. Since the point is to limit out-of-pocket expenses, postage, postage materials, and Paypal/eBay fees/charges should be deducted before determining how much to pass on. This means that the donation passed on to the B&C for a model that sells for $20+$15 P/H would be approximately $15 give or take some change.

I will be donating my Art Scale Heresy Era Dark Angel.

gallery_48988_6285_81910.png

I'm not expecting people to donate big, expensive models (pretty sure there won't be any complaints though), but rather the appeal of the model to come from Frater who's painted it. I know there are a few Fraters whose painted models I'd love to own.

To be clear, this is my idea, and NOT an "Official" Bolter and Chainsword event. As such, none of the Bolter and Chainsword Admins or Mods are to be involved if anything goes awry. All of the Buyer / Seller policies and protections that eBay / PayPal has in place need to be enough.

Ok, so you're in, now what?

• Choose your model and have it painted by July 1st to place in the Hall of Honour thread when it opens.
  • July 1st, put your model up for sale. You choose the terms of your Auction, whether it is Auction or Buy It Now. I personally will be doing a $1, 7 day recurring Auction until it sells.
  • Be mindful that the Bolter and Chainsword is an international website, and you should expect to ship internationally, please budget your postage and postage supplies adequately.
  • When your model sells, package it securely. My recommendation is placing the model in a zip-lock bag, wrapping the model several times in bubble wrap and then sending it in either a box or postage tube. I have NEVER received or sent a model and have it break when packaged this way.
  • Most importantly, pass on the profits via Paypal and the following email address: bolterinquisition@gmail.com
You can signify your participation or support by placing this pip in your signature and linking it to this thread:

gallery_48988_6285_9357.png

[img=http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_6285/gallery_48988_6285_9357.png]

Feel free to ask and questions you may have.

Cheers,
Jono

Edited by Grotsmasha, 01 June 2018 - 05:23 AM.

• Venerable Jazzman, The Blood Raven, mithrilforge and 14 others like this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,075 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

nice idea!

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Lord Commander Eidolon

Lord Commander Eidolon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 907 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children Legion
I'm liking it! Might have to partake in this, one I've got my ETL vow done!!
"Only by Imperfection can we fail...''
Fulgrim, the Phoenician, the Illuminator, the Prefector of Chemos

My Blogs: 

sml_gallery_162_12011_407905.pngtn_gallery_162_12011_4334.jpegtn_gallery_162_12011_452.jpeg Instagram: @pursuitOfperfection

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,265 posts

I'm liking it! Might have to partake in this, one I've got my ETL vow done!!

Sounds like a plan :tu:

Depending on how my own vow goes, I have a plan for a second model to put up.

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,362 posts
I think I'll go ahead and see if I can put this model up for auction:

gallery_45765_11678_388044.png

Just need to give him a proper base. :tu:
  • Doghouse, Centurion Jay, Grotsmasha and 3 others like this

tn_gallery_45765_15430_660.pnggallery_45765_12339_44045.pngtn_gallery_45765_11834_1547.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Accept all challenges, no matter the odds.

Suffer not the Heretic to live.

Abhor the Typo.

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,265 posts

:cuss yes :tu:

Vazzy

Vazzy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,531 posts
  • Faction: Shattered Suns
Phew. Whats the start on that Dos? By far one of my favorite models on the board...

Edited by Vazzy, 03 June 2018 - 04:12 AM.

Felstone

Felstone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts

If you wouldn't mind adding a donation link at the top (paypal or w/e), it's not a lot to ask everyone to kick in a few bucks.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,525 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

If you wouldn't mind adding a donation link at the top (paypal or w/e), it's not a lot to ask everyone to kick in a few bucks.

To support the B&C via donations directly? That's already being done (if you are using the mobile skin, you will have to switch to the full version of the site to see it).

This is in addition to that effort in another creative way for those that may have more time and models that could be painted to sell for donation, instead of just free money in their pockets...
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners
Posted Here: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the War and Wolves): PCA WiP Forum
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 528 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω
Nice idea.

I've bashed something together from spares, a Blood Angels lieutenant. Clearing out mini-marine parts.

Spoiler

When I get it painted I'll stick it on eBay and hopefully get more than the sum of the bitz.
  • Chaplain Dosjetka, Grotsmasha and Bryan Blaire like this
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,362 posts

Model based and put onto eBay (link in sig for those interested).

If the model gets sold for a decent price, I'll consider basing the 6 Tactical Marines I painted in the same colour scheme and putting them up for auction, too. :tu:

• mithrilforge, Grotsmasha, Bryan Blaire and 1 other like this

tn_gallery_45765_15430_660.pnggallery_45765_12339_44045.pngtn_gallery_45765_11834_1547.png

Abhor the Typo.

Vazzy

Vazzy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,531 posts
  • Faction: Shattered Suns

Model based and put onto eBay (link in sig for those interested).

If the model gets sold for a decent price, I'll consider basing the 6 Tactical Marines I painted in the same colour scheme and putting them up for auction, too. thumbsup.gif

Well, I've been outbid! So if you put the tacticals up I'll try for those instead! 

• Grotsmasha likes this

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,446 posts
There are a few people I respect and would like to own models from, Ishagu, Prot, and Kraut being the big three.
  • Grotsmasha likes this

Firepower

Firepower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,357 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
:begins plotting:

Assuming I can actually finish a project for once :P
  • Grotsmasha and SickSix like this

Suffer not the xeno psyker kitten, as to it the souls of man are but balls of yarn and jingly amusements!
Brother Chaplain Kage: "I don't think anything makes Firepower happy."
gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpggallery_38474_6916_19616.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gifgallery_38474_6916_5384.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_38474_6917_1744.pnggallery_38474_6916_16905.png
Templars a la Firepower -- IA: Broken Arrows -- Broken Arrows WIP Blog -- My Crummy Sketches

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,265 posts

Here we go lads, I've put my model up.

https://www.ebay.com...le/123175602445

Claws and Effect

Claws and Effect

++ ANGARUS ARANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,972 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and DIY WIP
That's a really cool idea.

I would do a model if I were a skilled enough painter for anyone to want to buy my stuff.
  • Grotsmasha likes this

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,265 posts

I would do a model if I were a skilled enough painter for anyone to want to buy my stuff.

Although Dos and I have painted ours, there's plenty of room, and demand, for unpainted models. Maybe you have an idea for a cool kit-bash or conversion, maybe you've already built it. If you'd like to jump in with an unpainted model, the B&C would still really appreciate the donation :tu:

Claws and Effect

Claws and Effect

++ ANGARUS ARANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,972 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and DIY WIP

Although Dos and I have painted ours, there's plenty of room, and demand, for unpainted models. Maybe you have an idea for a cool kit-bash or conversion, maybe you've already built it. If you'd like to jump in with an unpainted model, the B&C would still really appreciate the donation :tu:

I really don't have anything to spare at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind if I come up with a cool idea.

I generally work organically. If I come up with something it's usually built, painted, and in my army quickly.

General Strike

General Strike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,446 posts
You know, I can kitbash something up. I'm not a master or anything, but I want to participate.

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 12,362 posts
Just over 24h to go on mine. I hope I might get a little bit more out of this model. :tu:

Abhor the Typo.

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,265 posts

You know, I can kitbash something up. I'm not a master or anything, but I want to participate.

Sounds perfect :tu:

Just over 24h to go on mine. I hope I might get a little bit more out of this model. thumbsup.gif

Yeah, I've been watching it, there'll probably be some last minute bids.

TURBULENCE

TURBULENCE

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 564 posts
If I were to do one of my crazy conversions, could I send it to someone to paint and sell? I'm a decent painter, but I'm out of practice and sooooo slow with painting. But I'd really love to put my skills to use to help the site.

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,189 posts
  • Faction: Summoners

I'm going to donate some cash come payday but maybe I can sculpt something for this if I get time. Maybe a sculpted Ork Warboss or something.

• Lord Commander Eidolon likes this

TRUESCALE SPACE MARINE TUTORIAL

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Spoiler

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,265 posts

If I were to do one of my crazy conversions, could I send it to someone to paint and sell? I'm a decent painter, but I'm out of practice and sooooo slow with painting. But I'd really love to put my skills to use to help the site.

I'd offer, but my eyes aren't what they used to be sad.png

I'm going to donate some cash come payday but maybe I can sculpt something for this if I get time. Maybe a sculpted Ork Warboss or something.

A Doghouse original sculpt? I'd imagine we'd find a bit of demand for such a thing :tu:

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 528 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω
I did it, Blood Angels lieutenant built, painted, and listed on eBay UK. Shouldn't be hard to find if you're interested.

bKrqeqh.jpg

So yeah, intrigued to see where it leads.

UPDATE: Sold for £10.50, which isn't bad. Glad my painting added some value.

Edited by Aramis K, 20 June 2018 - 08:18 AM.

• Kurgan the Lurker, Doghouse, Chaplain Dosjetka and 4 others like this
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users