Tyrant's Call Adeptus Astartes Challenge

...I have some old Space Marine models on 25mm bases that I can turn into a suitable kill team. Is that okay? Later on I'll be able to adjust their bases to 32mm, but I doubt that I'll be able to get that accomplished by the deadline.

As long as those are the bases the miniatures were originally supplied with, yes, you can use 25mm bases.

Sorry for the delay, but I was away unexpectedly.

I have 2(3) kill teams - Salamanders, Lamenters, and Raptors. If you submitted and it was some Chapter I didn't name, please hit me up again. I'll give it a day or two and then I'll post up the submissions for your viewing/voting pleasure.

There were only 3 submissions. The first was a Salamanders Veteran Sergeant, using a vintage Captain model. Since that one isn't a complete kill team and is of one of the 1st Founding, the model won't be our featured kill team, but will appear in the rules. Of note is the really nice Rogue Trader era color scheme.

Salamanders Veteran Sergeant

gallery_26_13909_40992.jpg

The 2 complete kill teams submitted are the Lamenters and Raptors. Pick your favorite of the two to be the main winner. Images of both kills teams will be included in the rules.

Lamenters

gallery_26_13909_45416.jpg

Raptors

gallery_26_13909_1505.jpg

You may vote by replying to this topic. Voting will close whenever I log in the morning of Monday, August 20.

Note that anyone can vote (i.e., you don't have to have been a participant in the challenge to vote).

Note that different images will be used in the rules. I'll contact each of the members to discuss options.

Please don't give this post a "Like."

I didn't assemble/paint either of the kill teams,

and those are the only reasons to "like" this post.

The entrants will post the images and take credit

for them later. You can "like" them at that time.

They deserve the "likes," not me.

That metal captain brings back memories.

A shame there wasn't more time for this. I was busy with the ETL but Badab is one of my favourite pieces of lore. Wish I'd got those 7th ed FW books now.

I'm with you there. I'm actually painting up a Raptors kill team (In the blue and yellow scheme) for a campaign in september right now and i completely missed this thread.

But I am going to vote for the Lamenters. Always good to see them.

To take on the old Salamanders scheme is enough for a win in my books, plus I have the same model and use it for my 9th Company Captain so I already love the model.

The Lamenters paintjob though is very well executed to earn second for me and the subdued paint scheme and style given to the Raptors is very well done.

That metal captain brings back memories.

A shame there wasn't more time for this. I was busy with the ETL but Badab is one of my favourite pieces of lore. Wish I'd got those 7th ed FW books now.

I'm with you there. I'm actually painting up a Raptors kill team (In the blue and yellow scheme) for a campaign in september right now and i completely missed this thread.

But I am going to vote for the Lamenters. Always good to see them.

Agreed, I was in line for completing on time, but my cooker's stove dying and needing replacing, plus becoming engaged with the missus and all took away the time I needed. I imagine the ETL also drained time for others plus the anonymity may have hamstringed them being used for the ETL itself. 

I still intend to finish my squad though, even if the paint has gone horribly wrong thus far. Might need a Power Spray bath before I finish it, but I do have a Sternguard veteran I've yet to paint and may focus on first to get the paintjob down right.

Cambrius

Man wish I knew about this sooner...would have jumped in with executioners in a heart beat!!! 

Gotta go with the Raptors +1 for my vote. Beautiful and even drilled the bolt gun barrels. 

Also great job on the Lamenters! And Love that Salamander!

Great job all.

Krash

I'm still working on getting the images into the final (for publication via the B&C downloads) version of the rules, but the following badges have been awarded to our participants.

med_gallery_26_4045_73358.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifmed_gallery_26_4045_62843.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifmed_gallery_26_4045_44017.png

Featured in the center top of the badge is the badge of the Maelstrom Warders.

At the bottom of each badge is a plate with the name of the participant; above that is the Chapter badge of each participant's kill team.

As the winner of the challenge, @Kinstryfe has earned the gold laurel. And as the second place participant ("first loser" :wink: ), @Ioldanach has earned the silver laurel. In addition, @Shas O R'alai submitted the image of the Salamander captain (could be a Veteran Sergeant), so he has earned a participation badge with the green laurel.

The small versions below are 100 pixels in height, suitable for inclusion in signatures, if desired:

gallery_26_4045_659.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_4045_6435.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_4045_1855.png

URL for Kinstryfe's 100 pixel badge:

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_4045/gallery_26_4045_659.png
(All sizes of the full size badge can be seen here.)

URL for Ioldanach's 100 pixel badge:

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_4045/gallery_26_4045_6435.png

URL for Shas O'R alai's 100 pixel badge:

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_4045/gallery_26_4045_1855.png

Once again, congratulations are in order for our participants/winners, as well as a big "thank you" for helping with the project.

Congratulations to Kinstryfe on the win - very eye-catching Lamenters.

It's too bad Shas O R'alai didn't submit an entire kill team - I'm sure they would have done very well in the voting. That Rogue Trader era scheme is nostalgic.

As for me, always a bridesmaid. It was another fun challenge. My Raptors are like the "Nailed It!" of WH40K models. In my head, they looked like Golden Daemon winning models. It's too bad my skills can't match my vision. ;) Now I have to expand them (and my Black Dragons) for use in Kill Team.

I'd like to thank everyone for your support. I'd also like to say that those Raptors are aces and I firmly believe I won simply due to the flashy color scheme. Maybe there's room for two teams in the PDF eh eh :nudge nudge:.

Archived