New fluff?

RandomMarine

I'm reading The voice of Mars and have come across some fluff bits that are new to me.

The chaplaincy and libraius have no in put in chapter decision making.

Clan racoon have a AI controlled starfort that is self aware and refuses to accept a crew.

It's fairly out in the open that kristos might be a heretek

When you join Clan racoon/kristos cult you have all prior memories of self removed.

Medusa's maximum population is 2 million.

Personally I think guymer is doing a pretty good job

Well, it hasn't, because that's not actually the case. For one, it's Clan Raukaan's flagship, rather than a star fort. Also, it's made out to be more of an extremely powerful machine spirit rather than an AI. While there is no crew, there are still servitors performing some operations that the machine spirit cannot, and the book suggests that it is only under Kristos' tenure that there has not been a crew, and so it is more of a testament to Kristos' flesh-hating nature that no mortal crew are tolerated, rather than a specific, overriding desire of the ship itself.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The voice of Mars made Clan Raukaan to be a bunch of kleptomaniacs, who nearly cause a inter-chapter war because they cannot keep their hands to themselves when it comes to Dreadnought Chassis (even if they are occupied). I actually found the insights into the Hospitallers more interesting then the Iron Hands...

Archived