On the Hunt question

Bulwyf

I have been playing this as a Reinforcement which means you can only attempt to charge in your first turn after coming into play. Another SW player in my local area says you can still move, advance and charge with it. Am I correct or is the other wolf brother?

I'm not a 5th/6th/7th ed player. By On the Hunt, do you mean the CA Cunning of the Wolf stratagem? That one's at the end of your movement phase, and since it is indeed reinforcements, you can't move that unit during the movement phase that turn. Or move them with any other ability that might exist. They can definitely charge, though.

• 2 weeks later...

So I believe the answer to this is no, but I can't find the answer: Can a unit be placed in a transport and then use On the Hunt stratagem to outflank with the transport?

Since the strategem specifically states it targets an INFANTRY unit, that unit cannot be embarked, as embarked units aren't technically on the battlefield (thus not eligible for the strategem).

Cunning of the Wolf Murderfang ah yes please...

Yeah, definitely a codex wish for me as well.  CP to deep strike a couple shield dreads with murderfang and bjorn?  :D

But, alas, not likely, and not currently.  Only infantry, only second turn outside the deployment zone, and only on the board edge(making screen denial so much easier)

Archived