Knights complementing primaris-only SM army?

I have a pure primaris 2k army, and primaris-only SM armies are not the most competitive at the moment.
So with all the new knights coming out, I thought that maybe Knights could be a nice mix/complement to the primaris army, as it could provide some good anti-tank and CC capabilities.

What do you think?
Is it a good match that improves the competitiveness of the army?
And if so, what is the best dose of Knights to Primaris in a list?

I was looking at the Renegade box and came up with the list below. Though in my local casual games, I could probably run my primaris as Deathwatch if that would add a little more teeth.

***Space Marines Battallion detachment
HQ
Primaris Captain
Primaris Lieutenant
TROOPS
Intercessor squad A
Intercessor squad B
Intercessor squad C
ELITE
Primaris Ancient
HEAVY
Hellblaster squad x10
838pts

***Imperial Knight Super Heavy Aux. Detachment
Gallant Sword, Gauntlet, Stubber
Crusader Gatling, H.Flamer, Thermal, Stubber
Armiger Helverin
992pts

1830pts (170 for IK carapace weapons or something else)

I'm not sure how awesome the big knights are going to be right now.  But I think both versions of the Armigers are EXCELLENT additions to a Marine army.

They're basically up-gunned Dreads with vastly superior mobility, toughness and damage.

Armiger Warglaves in particular strike me as excellent additions to Space Marines with their melee abilities and speed.

I'm in the same spot,

Currently have almost pure primaris army (1 techmarine) with captain, lieutenant, 3 intercessor squads, 3 hellblaster squads and a redemptor. Thinking of adding a Castellan to the list, will have a bit left over in a 2k list.

Was thinking with the relic plasma gun.

They're basically up-gunned Dreads with vastly superior mobility, toughness and damage.

Armiger Warglaves in particular strike me as excellent additions to Space Marines with their melee abilities and speed.

^This^

Another knife in the back of the beloved Dreadnought. For the meager cost of similar points and -1 CP. Actually another knife in the back of all Astartes, especially Vanilla Marines and a Codex that has been made pretty much irrelevant in less than a year. If they want to keep Primaris the face of the new Marines I suggest they get off their butts and bring something to the table or all we will see is soup of IG, IK, and Custodes.

I’m still trying to decide on a 500 point detachment to add to my Warhawks Primaris. Manticores or a Knight? .... or a second Xiphon :)

I wonder how hard it would be to make one of the Armiger knights look a bit more like the Masakari from Battletech? I do love that 'mech and I do think the smaller knights might be the thing that drags marines up a bit from where they are. I wish I could say the same for dreadnoughts (barring the leviathan of course).

I wonder how hard it would be to make one of the Armiger knights look a bit more like the Masakari from Battletech? I do love that 'mech and I do think the smaller knights might be the thing that drags marines up a bit from where they are. I wish I could say the same for dreadnoughts (barring the leviathan of course).

If you have access to a 3D printer pretty easily. A ton of people have taken the MWO files and converted them for 3D printer use. You might have to resize it but that would be it.

OK I've been thinking on this, I have up-to 750 points to ally in knights, I'm thinking either

Castellan, house krast, 1cp for warlord trait (reroll 1s to hit) and 1cp for cawls wrath (super plasma). Now this big fella would sit back and shoot the vehicles that hellblasters struggle with.

Or

1x Gallant, house Terran, WL land strider (add 2" to advance and charge range) and super fist relic.

2x warglaves with meltagun. Would pay a CP for the warlord trait that gives a CP and 1 reroll because it becomes a character also.

These 3 would go for a frontal assault. Use the charge after advance strat and 1st turn charge is feasible, warglaves would support for 2nd turn.

The second option is an extra 100 points roughly but I think is a great way of changing the game up.

@Kisada - That is certainly a good bet as the Armigers seem pretty decent.

One unfortunate thing is that once you start to open up for including knights, there is a draw to include more than just one. So much so that I was looking at a list like the one below, but that sort of stops being a Marine army, and turn into a Knight army with marine backup. :-)

***Space Marines Battallion detachment 5 CP
HQ
Primaris Librarian
Primaris Lieutenant
TROOPS
Intercessor squad A
Intercessor squad B
Intercessor squad C

***Imperial Knight Super Heavy Detachment 3CP
Gallant +H.Stubber
Gallant +H.Stubber
Crusader +Avenger Gatling, H.Flamer, Thermal cannon, H.Stubber

Aux. Super Heavy Detachment
Roboute Guilliman (3CP)
1995pts 14CP

I also think Armigers are a good bet. I'll try using one as a distraction carnifex. Taranis for a nice combination of stratagems: +1 to invul (1CP), full power profile (1cp), resurrect on 4+ (2cp). As a marines player, I don't have much use for CP anyway.

The plan is the let it advance quickly and make it a problem to be dealt with. Instead of killing 10 hellblasters, hopefully my opponent will concentrate on the knight with the nice buffed 4+ invul (1cp). Using a cp reroll (1cp) and the resurrect stratagem (2cp) it will stand up again after his shooting phase with a 75% chance. Than, it will have another round of full power attacks (1cp). I know, that's 5cp total, but I suppose this will take the heat off my more important units for a while, as Primaris die like flies nowadays.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been playing with this idea a bit because ... I want a Knight. So I looked at my all-comers list and checked on some things and came up with this idea. Not sure how I like it as a competitive build but we are talking Primaris and Knights ... so there’s that lol.

Keep in mind I’m a Raven Guard kind of guy ;)

I took out 3 squads of 5 Hellblasters and the Xiphon for 750 points of joy joy. I could have got the Knight Errant I want and kept the Xiphon but this way the Knight generate command points the Flyer doesn’t.

Raven Guard (2 Battalion for ObSec and CP)

3 different Primaris Captains and a Primaris Lieutenant.

(2 Captains accompany SftS Aggressors other two set up backfield for base)

3 units of 5 Scouts (converted Reivers)

3 units of 5 Intercessorso

2 units of 5 Aggressors

House Hawkshroud (more CP)

(and because Warhawks don’t trust the Mechanicus ... not even Cawl)

Knight Errant

Warglaive w/Melta

Warglaive w/Melta

I actually don’t think they’ll out perform the Hellblasters and Xiphon but it looks solid and fun.

[For love of the Emperor, can we get up a Codex upgrade here?]

Archived