Rough riders/death riders

Beams

The mortar-shell-on-a-stick lances are a nice idea, they look really good.

I will have to borrow that if I ever get around to build another rough rider squad.

Mine are made from breton knights, cadian torsos and various bits and don't look half as good.

• 8 months later...

Very happy to hear you like them. 

Gonna take them (probably 2 squads) to a 30-men tournament in two weeks. Just a little flanking threat to keep the enemy on edge and bind his resources for screening.

So I have 2 x 5 man squads of rough riders on my building/painting block. I'm struggling to figure out how to equip them. Any suggestions? I might even run them as death riders instead.

If it helps with suggestions, my main opponents are DE,Necrons, and Marines.

Death Riders are much better if you can fit them in your list.

With the 10 you have, you could potentially do 1 DR Squadron Commander (for orders), 4 DR Command Squadron (allowing all 3 to ourflank), 5 DR Squadron.

So I have 2 x 5 man squads of rough riders on my building/painting block. I'm struggling to figure out how to equip them. Any suggestions? I might even run them as death riders instead.

If it helps with suggestions, my main opponents are DE,Necrons, and Marines.

As you can see I went with full plasma to get the maximum burst in the turn after arriving on the board. coming in 9" away plasma seemed the logical choice.

Of course you could go with Death Riders, but I really like that Rough Riders fit in the fast attack slot for a Brigade.

Archived