AC conversion/would you have an issue playing against this?

Hi all

So, I'm not a fan of the Custodian Guards swords - they seem too bulky and too heavy for my liking. So I made the below conversion. As the title says, I'm looking for a little feedback as to whether anyone would have any issues playing against this, assuming all 'sword' and board models in the army are converted in the same way?

Some (truly awful) pics here - https://imgur.com/gallery/VI9fqu4

Still very much WIP (and shield to be added)

and only a tester. If I do any more of these I will spend more time on the join and green stuff it, but for now I have limited time to spend on the hobby and I'm lazy.

Cheers

I would not mind playing against miniatures converted like this, but I think you still have the same issue aesthetically, the weird paddle blade.

Perhaps this weapon and these hands would be a better alternative. Disclaimer, I have not ordered from the manufacturer, so I cannot vouch for the quality.

Where is the problem? It is just some glaive like weapon.
One of my first conversions was sticking blades on the staff of cut-off thunder hammers :D

One of my first conversions was sticking blades on the staff of cut-off thunder hammers :biggrin.:

But do you run them as axes/halberds or as swords?

One of my first conversions was sticking blades on the staff of cut-off thunder hammers :biggrin.:

Back in the day when I played I used them as hammers. Depends on what kind of tournament you play. WYSIWYG then his conversion will likely count as spears :D

Back in the day when I played I used them as hammers. Depends on what kind of tournament you play. WYSIWYG then his conversion will likely count as spears :D

But spears and shields aren’t a legal combination in 40K, they’re only allowed as a combination in Heresy games, so a strict wysiwyg tournament wouldn’t allow them to be classed as spears. It may be entirely moot as he may not intend to enter a tournament, it’s just something to be aware of :)

Back in the day when I played I used them as hammers. Depends on what kind of tournament you play. WYSIWYG then his conversion will likely count as spears :biggrin.:

I don't think custodes may have spears and shields (even though historically that was a very common combination)

Archived