Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wassas WIP thread

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

HallofStovokor

HallofStovokor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 356 posts

The Leman Russ Executioner's camouflage pattern looks great!

I second that. It's a great camouflage pattern. It's the perfect catachan tank.

Danny Cyanide

Danny Cyanide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 948 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
Your masking work is very impressive! The vehicle alk look great!
Imperial Guard - Elysians and Krieg --- Knight House Hartwick --- Watch Company Cygnus
sDn55VZ.png

Lord Castellan of the Mighty Astra Militarum (Until Lord Castellan Ursarkar E. Creed returns from his special mission.)

Wassa

Wassa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 486 posts
  • Faction: Astra Militarum
Managed to get the tracks on. Starting with the detail now.

1wlUFaS.jpg
  • WarriorFish, MrZakalwe, robofish7591 and 6 others like this

gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

The Mad Hermit

The Mad Hermit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 405 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

I really, truly love the camo scheme!

I don't think it could belong to anyone other than a Catachan unit!

Bravo!

What a long, strange trip it's been....

Wassa

Wassa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 486 posts
Thought I’d start preparing for the assassins next month.

Almost done on the callidus and done the suit for the Vindicare.

KGZslGI.jpg
  • WarriorFish, MrZakalwe, duz_ and 1 other like this

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,380 posts
Looks great! I like the layering on the Callidus

Will you be doing all 4? :D

Wassa

Wassa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 486 posts
It’s all drybrushing. Haven’t learnt to layer yet!

I may do. I have an old style Culexus already painted and the old generic Assassin which looks most like an Evesor.

I’ll finsih these 2 and see if the rules are any good then decide whether to go for the newer models of the other 2. The new Vindicare model looks rubbish though so I’ll be keeping the old one!
  • MrZakalwe and duz_ like this

Wassa

Wassa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 486 posts

Due to Relics of the Armoury, I've finally shaded and drybrushed/highlighted the camo of my Sentinel:

SvESjjAh.jpg

Now onto the details!

• WarriorFish, MrZakalwe, librisrouge and 7 others like this

MrZakalwe

MrZakalwe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 269 posts
  • Faction: 609th Octavian regiment

You'll have to tell us how the Callidus performs - I found one clearing a box last night so I'm genuinely curious now. 

• duz_ likes this

“Gentlemen, may I have a moment of your time?” - Last words of Captain Jon Talman of the Octavian 609th before his death at the hands of heretic Astartes bearing the colours of the Flesh Tearers.

duz_

duz_

++ REPREHENSOR FECTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,380 posts

I tried her yesterday in a friendly(ish?) game

She came on 6" away from the WL and a double shooty Leviathan

She got squashed.... :(
5W is nice but the 4++ is still limiting

I didn't get to try and of her tricky stuff...

• MrZakalwe likes this

Wassa

Wassa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 486 posts

I used her before the assassin changes, she left her Grey Knight target character on 1w and proceeded to get psyked the next turn.

Though now she would have killed him with the double damage change to the sword.

• MrZakalwe likes this

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,304 posts
  • Faction: Hunter Legion

Spam fire has always been the bane of Assassins. I used to flush them off the board easily enough (with flamers on the Culexus laugh.png ), so you've got to be judicious in how you apply them as once they're targetted they tend to go down quick. Then again, there's always Rule of Cool msn-wink.gif

• duz_ likes this

ETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_02.gETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gifgallery_30308_3239_3185.pnggallery_30308_9518_17558.pnggallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.png
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Cataphractii | IG Stormtroopers | CSM Chosen | =][= Hospitaller | AM Armigers | DE [Repaint] | TSons Rubrics

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,023 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The armored Sentinel's camouflage is expertly applied.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Wassa

Wassa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 486 posts

Here it is with shade, highlights, and a bit of detail, with the base decorations:

F4rJ1Yhh.jpg

I think the gun stands out too much so I may redo it with the camoflague pattern as it looks too dark just being Caliban Green.

• WarriorFish, Bjorn Firewalker, walter h and 6 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,023 posts
Beautiful work.

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

GuardDaddy

GuardDaddy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 173 posts

Wassa:

I think the gun stands out too much so I may redo it with the camoflague pattern as it looks too dark just being Caliban Green

I quite like the bright plasma effect. Contrast against green makes it clear what weapon is - will work well on tabletop

Wassa

Wassa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 486 posts
The armoured division grows!

Pbto8of.jpg

The infantry... not so much.
  • WarriorFish, librisrouge, Bjorn Firewalker and 6 others like this

ScionOfCorlesia

ScionOfCorlesia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 23 posts
Aww look at the baby tank!

Looking good, love the camo effect.

Wassa

Wassa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 486 posts

That's what everyone thinks until they realise what it does!

HallofStovokor

HallofStovokor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 356 posts

That's what everyone thinks until they realise what it does!

Ah, the RC explosive tank. They're pretty fun.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,023 posts
Again, I must compliment you for your efforts. The vehicles look GREAT in splinter camouflage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users