Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k w/3 detachments

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [54 PL, 877pts] ++

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince of Nurgle [9 PL, 180pts]: 1. Revoltingly Resilient, 5. Putrescent Vitality, Malefic talon, The Suppurating Plate, Warlord, Wings

Typhus [9 PL, 175pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 4. Blades of Putrefaction

+ Troops +

Plague Marines [10 PL, 152pts]
. Plague Champion: Plaguesword, Plasma gun
. 2x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
. Plague Marine w/ melee weapons: Flail of Corruption
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun

Poxwalkers [6 PL, 66pts]: 11x Poxwalker

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [24 PL, 429pts] ++

+ HQ +

Malignant Plaguecaster [6 PL, 110pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 4. Blades of Putrefaction

+ Elites +

Foul Blightspawn [4 PL, 77pts]

Helbrute [7 PL, 112pts]: Missile launcher, Reaper autocannon

Helbrute [7 PL, 130pts]: Power scourge, Reaper autocannon

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [37 PL, 694.5pts] ++

+ HQ +

Chaos Lord [5 PL, 79pts]: Bolt pistol, Power axe

+ Heavy Support +

Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought [16 PL, 323.5pts]: Grav-flux bombard, 2x Hellflamer
. Hellforged siege claw: Meltagun

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 146pts]: 2x Entropy cannon, Heavy Slugger

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 146pts]: 2x Entropy cannon, Heavy Slugger

++ Total: [115 PL, 2000.5pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

You get 10 CP in total. You leave the two PCBs and the missile/reaper helbrute in the back with the chaos lord to reroll 1's. The rest of the army advances with the walkers as a screen. You have three PMs squads backed up with a DP, Typhus, the plague caster, the foul blightspawn and a Levi dread and the scourge/reaper helbrute. 

You use the artillery in the back to target vehicles while your mass moves together. The Levi and helbrute will bolster the CC once you get into melee range.

• Adamofthefranks likes this
40kDGBanner

Checkmate77

Checkmate77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts

Like the list Bulwyf,

One thing i would recommend is swapping Typhus out for another DP.  With only 11 Poxwalkers in the list, I don't see the value of Typhus, he is simply too slow. 

Cut one Poxwalker and turn Typhus into a duplicate DP for 1999 pts total would be my suggestion.  Hope it helps.....

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts

Like the list Bulwyf,

One thing i would recommend is swapping Typhus out for another DP.  With only 11 Poxwalkers in the list, I don't see the value of Typhus, he is simply too slow. 

Cut one Poxwalker and turn Typhus into a duplicate DP for 1999 pts total would be my suggestion.  Hope it helps.....

I love Typhus too much not to have him in a list. You are correct that putting in another DP over him would probably be more effective.

40kDGBanner

Tokugawa

Tokugawa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Like the list Bulwyf,

One thing i would recommend is swapping Typhus out for another DP. With only 11 Poxwalkers in the list, I don't see the value of Typhus, he is simply too slow.
Cut one Poxwalker and turn Typhus into a duplicate DP for 1999 pts total would be my suggestion. Hope it helps.....

I love Typhus too much not to have him in a list. You are correct that putting in another DP over him would probably be more effective.
Shave some wargears for 10 more poxwalkers? 5-men plaguemarines won't have much chance to swing their flails...

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts

Like the list Bulwyf,

One thing i would recommend is swapping Typhus out for another DP. With only 11 Poxwalkers in the list, I don't see the value of Typhus, he is simply too slow.
Cut one Poxwalker and turn Typhus into a duplicate DP for 1999 pts total would be my suggestion. Hope it helps.....

Shave some wargears for 10 more poxwalkers? 5-men plaguemarines won't have much chance to swing their flails...

It is actually 6 man squads.

40kDGBanner

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts

If you want a more traditional tourney list, here is this one. It has 9 CP for only two detachments plus battle forged.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [65 PL, 1170pts] ++

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince of Nurgle [9 PL, 180pts]: 5. Putrescent Vitality, 6. Arch-Contaminator, Malefic talon, The Suppurating Plate, Warlord, Wings

Typhus [9 PL, 175pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 5. Putrescent Vitality

+ Troops +

Plague Marines [7 PL, 118pts]
. Plague Champion: Plague knife, Plasma gun
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight launcher

Plague Marines [7 PL, 119pts]

Plague Marines [7 PL, 119pts]

Poxwalkers [6 PL, 102pts]: 17x Poxwalker

+ Elites +

Foul Blightspawn [4 PL, 77pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 140pts]: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy Slugger

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 140pts]: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy Slugger

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [43 PL, 830pts] ++

+ HQ +

Malignant Plaguecaster [6 PL, 110pts]: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 4. Blades of Putrefaction

+ Fast Attack +

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 136pts]: Fleshmower, Plague probe

Foetid Bloat-drone [8 PL, 158pts]: 2x Plaguespitters, Plague probe

Myphitic Blight-haulers [21 PL, 426pts]
. Myphitic Blight-hauler: Bile spurt, Missile launcher, Multi-melta

++ Total: [108 PL, 2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Typhus has a screen of poxwalkers. You use the PBC and drones to push into the enemy. DP w/arch is going to give rerolls to those 3 squads of PM and if you can position him correctly also the the PBCs and drones that pushed. There's plague weapons galore to be given rerolls. It is light on AT, I still prefer plasma guns and PBC in the back but this lets you push forward and assault as much as you can with our army. The only slow units are the walkers and Typhus dragging them to an objective.

40kDGBanner

Adamofthefranks

Adamofthefranks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
I like the list with the Helbrutes. TBH I want a DG army with Helbrutes, how can I make them work?

Edited by Adamofthefranks, 26 July 2018 - 08:03 AM.

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts

I like the list with the Helbrutes. TBH I want a DG army with Helbrutes, how can I make them work?

The main issue with helbrutes is that they get focused on turn one and die because they have no invuln saves and no DR rule. The solution is to try and have at least one other vehicle (or Mortarion) that will draw the fire away from them.  In my first list having a Levi dread and two PBC in the back will absolutely draw the fire away from the Helbrutes.

Glad you liked the list, hope it works for you or gives you an idea of your own list.

40kDGBanner

Adamofthefranks

Adamofthefranks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts

The main issue with helbrutes is that they get focused on turn one and die because they have no invuln saves and no DR rule. The solution is to try and have at least one other vehicle (or Mortarion) that will draw the fire away from them.  In my first list having a Levi dread and two PBC in the back will absolutely draw the fire away from the Helbrutes.

Glad you liked the list, hope it works for you or gives you an idea of your own list.

That makes total sense, I have been reading about Helbrutes and how they are kinda squishy but they are my absolute favorite models lol, I appreciate the feedback. I am relatively new to the game but probably will be making my first 2k list soon, I'll be sure to post it up and get your opinion on it.

Adamofthefranks

Adamofthefranks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts

Also are the Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnaughts use the same rules as a Helbrute or would I need a rulebook from Forgeworld?

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts

Also are the Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnaughts use the same rules as a Helbrute or would I need a rulebook from Forgeworld?

They are different units. The Helbrute model in the 40k world is just a Chaos Dreadnought with a different name. The keyword "helbrute"  applies to the Forge World dreads like the Leviathan, Contemptor, etc. The good thing for us as DG players is that the DG special rule about helbrutes being able to move and fire heavy weapons without suffering the -1 penalty to hit applies to Forge World dreads. The bad thing is that the stratagem "Fire Frenzy" that lets you fire twice in a turn does NOT apply to Forge World dreds. Only the actual Helbrute.

You do not need to buy the rulebook for the Leviathan. If you haven't already gotten it the program practically everyone uses battle scribe to create their lists. The rules for the Leviathan are all listed in Battlescribe as well as all the weapon options. You really only need, in this example, the official 40k rulebook and the DG codex.

If you want to get the Forge World book for more options and fluff, feel free,  but you don't really need it just for one model. I love Forge World dreads. The Levi and Contempt are very solid choices especially for DG.

• Adamofthefranks likes this
40kDGBanner

Adamofthefranks

Adamofthefranks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts

They are different units. The Helbrute model in the 40k world is just a Chaos Dreadnought with a different name. The keyword "helbrute"  applies to the Forge World dreads like the Leviathan, Contemptor, etc. The good thing for us as DG players is that the DG special rule about helbrutes being able to move and fire heavy weapons without suffering the -1 penalty to hit applies to Forge World dreads. The bad thing is that the stratagem "Fire Frenzy" that lets you fire twice in a turn does NOT apply to Forge World dreds. Only the actual Helbrute.

You do not need to buy the rulebook for the Leviathan. If you haven't already gotten it the program practically everyone uses battle scribe to create their lists. The rules for the Leviathan are all listed in Battlescribe as well as all the weapon options. You really only need, in this example, the official 40k rulebook and the DG codex.

If you want to get the Forge World book for more options and fluff, feel free,  but you don't really need it just for one model. I love Forge World dreads. The Levi and Contempt are very solid choices especially for DG.

Hey, for some reason I cant PM you but I remember you had helped me on a previous post with death guard army list you posted, and I ordered a Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought 

Is that the same thing as a Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought, the "Hellforged" part just means Chaos right?

• Bulwyf likes this

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts

Hey, for some reason I cant PM you but I remember you had helped me on a previous post with death guard army list you posted, and I ordered a Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought 

Is that the same thing as a Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought, the "Hellforged" part just means Chaos right?

I PMed you back

40kDGBanner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users