Last Change to Buy: Forgeworld's Space Wolves Venerable

Wispy

I'm really frustrated by Forgeworld's lack of communication at the moment. They've had a vast collection of items go LCTB recently with no explanation of what's happening or why. Don't suppose anyone knows what's going on?

I can't believe it's lifespan of the molds running out. They literally just came out with the 30k space wolves models and now they're gone. It's been what? A year? Maybe two? I really wanted to buy some of those, but finances didn't allow it and now they're gone.

I can't believe it's lifespan of the molds running out. They literally just came out with the 30k space wolves models and now they're gone. It's been what? A year? Maybe two? I really wanted to buy some of those, but finances didn't allow it and now they're gone.

I think they are moving toward 3D modeling honestly. I understand that you and a bunch of people are upset at this move. But they are a company and they specialize in a lot of very specific models/molds. They know that only a specific number of people will buy said molds and once that rush dries out they need to move along. GW does the same thing.

But! Spaces Wolves codex is coming out soon! Something to be totally excited about! You guys might be getting some new molds as well!

Molds can wear themselves out in a year. Typically they make new molds but clearly they're not having it with this particular product.

There were a lot of issues with the 30K SW models and the community kicked off and created a rather large wave of negative press (quite rightly) - I suspect they might be resculpting those particular models.

I don't buy that it's a mould issue for the other models, though - we're seeing such huge and sweeping removals of models from sale that there's no way they can have all just suddenly stopped being fit for purpose.

To be honest, I really don't care what the reason is - I just wish they would communicate with us and let us know. Are moulds being retooled? Are these models switching to plastic? Are they pulling the models from sale entirely?

GW proper has made a massive step up in their communication and engagement with the community and it seriously astonishes me that we're suddenly seeing such a massive removal of models with absolutely no explanation whatsoever.

While o agree not all of these are mold issues the space wolf venerable dread has been out a while. I think as long as I've been in the hobby which is 7 years now. Tha ts why I suggested the mold might be the issue on this one.

I agree that more communication would be nice.

The Sw torsos never received any bad press and the fact FW went ahead regardless in releasing the rest I doubt they will have gone for resculpt, just they were never popular enough to warrant keeping

The Sw torsos never received any bad press and the fact FW went ahead regardless in releasing the rest I doubt they will have gone for resculpt, just they were never popular enough to warrant keeping

I ordered a pair, and they are seemingly lost in the mail atm. =(

Archived