Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1000 points batallion, no goats nor SC

- - - - - 1000points thousand sons no goats

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Prometheo567

Prometheo567

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts

Hi everyone. After doing some painting I think I am finally ready to field my Thousand Sons. This is the list I intend to take to my 1000 points game (a fitting number for our legion!).

I am aware that this is no way competitive since I dislike the whole Tzaangor thing (I know it's been reconned but... that's timply not how I envision the army). Also, and while this is something that I could be flexible about, I dislike using special characters like Magnus or Ahriman. I guess switching my exalted sorc to ahriman would improve my army a lot so that's an improvement I could think about. I actually have the old lead miniature converted and riding a screamer from... 2002 maybe? Anyway, this is the army and if you guys have a better knowledge than me I would welcome any feedback.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Thousand Sons) [55 PL, 1000pts] ++

+ HQ +
Exalted Sorcerer on Disc of Tzeentch [8 PL, 141pts]: Force stave, Inferno Bolt Pistol

Sorcerer in Terminator Armour [8 PL, 149pts]: Combi-melta, Force axe

+ Troops +
Rubric Marines [7 PL, 107pts]
. Aspiring Sorcerer: Force sword, Inferno Bolt Pistol
. 4x Rubric Marine w/ Inferno Boltgun: 4x Inferno boltgun

Rubric Marines [7 PL, 109pts]
. Aspiring Sorcerer: Force axe, Inferno Bolt Pistol

Rubric Marines [7 PL, 109pts]
. Aspiring Sorcerer: Force axe, Inferno Bolt Pistol

+ Elites +
Helbrute [7 PL, 147pts]: Missile launcher, Twin lascannon

Scarab Occult Terminators [11 PL, 238pts]: Hellfyre Missile Rack
. Scarab Occult Sorcerer: Force stave, Inferno Combi-bolter
. 3x Terminator: 3x Inferno Combi-bolter, 3x Powersword
. Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Power sword, Soulreaper cannon

++ Total: [55 PL, 1000pts] ++

As you see it's pretty standard I guess. The whole power armor + terminators thing + a dreadnought for AT. As I see it, I should have some AT capability with the dreadnought and smite but I am afraid about hordes. Losing tzaangors leaves me weak there. Luckily, I don't expect my opponents (apart from the astra militarum guy) to field a horde so I'm not too worried about it.

Mobility seems more of an issue to me. On previous editions I would use my two conveted rhinos but with the new cost I simply cannot afford to field them.

Also, I am wondering if I should be using a DP instead of one of the sorcerers. 

Prometheo567

Prometheo567

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts

Probably it's just a stupid question but give that my aspiring sorcerers are a mix of the old lead model with a force sword (2 of them) and some conversions I made with dark angel robed veterans wearing force axes, I want to be sure I can indeed field them like that instead of the boring force staff.

Also, my scarab occult are assembled with one guy wearing the SRC and another the HMR. Should I try to unglue them and put them both on the same guy? Is it that important?

Marshlands

Marshlands

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts
Question on sorcerer weapons - yes you can, i prefer the stave personally.

Question on SOT loadout, its not that big a deal if you dont want to do it. It just protects the weapon for longer.

All other questions you have answered yourself - some of our best units are tzaangors, ahriman and magnus. But if you dont want to take them what you have is all thats left. Personally id still prefer cultists (almost as good as other options).

Only thing you havent covered is the DP - IMO the TS daemon prince is by far the best and always outperforms the sorcerer and ES in every way. Tactically speaking, take as many as you can in any game (2 at 1000 points as per faq)
  • Prometheo567 likes this

Prometheo567

Prometheo567

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts

Oh, I thought I had mentioned it. Actually my first TS model was a converted lead DP. I would love to get it to see tables again. Maybe I should get it instead of the ES? I am unsure where to get the points from. I could change rubric squads to cultists I guess.

Marshlands

Marshlands

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts
True your list is very tight. Only other option would be to reduce the hellbrutes weapons although i can see why youd wanr to keep what you have.

Maybe 1 squad of cultists? Id take the ES and DP, the exalteds bonuses are worth the little extra and could grant a bigger range of reroll 1s.
  • Prometheo567 likes this

Prometheo567

Prometheo567

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts

That sounds pretty sensible. I hate letting a psyker go and polluting my list with mortals but... Oh well.

I see that the Terminator Sorc is getting no play until I get to several detachments or something, but just in case... Back when I assembled the model I threw away the little familiar guy. It is really ugly and not fitting my army aestetic. Nowadays, tho, apparently the familiar +1 to cast bonus is considered necessary so I cannot help wondering what can i glue to the base to act as a familiar. Would a blue horror (I have 13 so I can use one of these) be too big or confusing? Probably some brimstone horror could be fitting as well but I have exactly 10 and I cannot go to 9 if I'm to use them in AoS.

Marshlands

Marshlands

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 180 posts
Depends on your collection but any random piece on a base would do. Im sure theres bits in the magnus kit that could work.

Usually a friend or FLGS would have something they wouldnt mind parting with, age of sigmar in particular has lots of kits with animals in

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1000points, thousand sons, no goats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users