Getting Flakk Missiles and Hellfire Shells twice in a turn

Captain Idaho

You read right. I missed it in the FAQ but we can totally fire a Hellfire Shell from a Devastator squad, use the Signum to for a 2+ to hit, the spend the Cherub and fire the Hellfire again, with the benefits of the Signum!

A single Devastator squad can therefore put 2D3 Mortal Wounds on an enemy, whilst a 2nd Devastator squad can out a Flakk Missile twice onto something else/same target!

Had to talk about it because off all our naff combos, this one is golden!

I always advocate bringing at least 2 units of Devastators equipped with 2xLascannon, 1x Heavy Bolter, 1x Missile Launcher and Cherub for just this reason!  I've had great success running 2 of them plus a Dual Storm Cannon leviathan and Tigurius in a Spearhead.

You could get an Apothecary for rising the Cherub from the grave. Only in case heavy weapon marines were not dying

Sadly that doesn't work.  You can resurrect the Cherub, but the ability to double shoot is restricted to once per game per cherub.

Well wouldn't it technically be a new Cherub then?

I certainly wouldn't count on that ruling from a Judge.  

IMO the text is pretty clear on how it works.  

"Once per game, after a model in this unit has fired, an Armorium Cherub can reload that model's weapons.  When it does so, remove the Armorium Cherub and that model can immediately shoot again..."

I read it as a unit ability that allows the reload.  The removal of the Cherub is just a byproduct.   Bringing the Cherub back doesn't get around the 1/game bit.

EDIT: The Apothecary rules are pretty specific that the model added to the unit is the same model that was initially removed "...a single slain model is returned to the unit..."

I'm not going to lie, I didn't know the real wording of both rules, it was only an idea, I wasn't trying to cheat or re-interpreting the rules.

Sorry if it seemed unfair or lacking of sportmanship

Not at all, it's a totally valid question!

I feel like it's the same Cherub thus can't be done twice.

Actually it only says a slain model in the Apothecary rules so actually you can't return a Cherub since its removal wasn't caused by it being slain.

I feel like it's the same Cherub thus can't be done twice.

Actually it only says a slain model in the Apothecary rules so actually you can't return a Cherub since its removal wasn't caused by it being slain.

Unless you use it to take a hit instead of one of your juicy heavy weapon toting boys? I know my dev's tend to take a lot of fire if I don't get turn 1, sacrificing the cherub then ressing it for shooting the following turn would be viable.

Archived