Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IK 2000pts (Command Pts are for the weak!)

Imperial Knights Questor Imperialis

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Casual Heresy

Casual Heresy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 363 posts
  • Faction: The Imperium
So I already had three Imperial Knights painted as House Griffith before the Codex came out. House Griffith’s Trait was a little underwhelming but I’ve decided to make use of it by charging three angry Knights at the enemy and letting the slaughter begin! But to give each Knight an edge I’m sinking all my command points into relics and Warlord traits for the Questors class Knights. The three main knights are all Paladins for now so that I could benefit from the weight of fire of the cannons and stubbers. Plus I only have one Avenger cannon between the three (all my Knights are magnetised. )

Basic plan is for the Castellan to sit back, controlling back field objectives and supporting the main Lance from afar. The volcano lance will be aimed at targets that will harm Knights. The three Paladins advance as one, combining their fire on units as appropriate to take out infantry blobs and soften up targets for charging. They’ll stick together so that all three can benefit from the land strider Warlord Trait on their first charge. The Knight with the house Griffith relic and Trait throws itself at the biggest threats as it can deal up to nine mortal wounds on the charge.

Currently this list sits at just under 2000pts so I may switch a chainsword for a gauntlet. Could also swap the Castellan for a crusader and a couple of armigers.

Imperial Knights 2000pts

Super-heavy Detachment. House Griffith

Pre-game stratagems
- Heirlooms of the Household: All Knight Paladins are characters including Warlord, and all have relics. - 3CP
- Exalted Court: All Knight Paladins are Characters and have Warlord traits including the Warlord. -3CP

Lords of War

- Knight Paladin with rapid-fire battle cannon, reaper chainsword, stormspear rocket pod, armour of the sainted ion and 2x heavy stubbers. (Warlord Trait: Ion Bulwark) ( THE ACTUAL WARLORD)

- Knight Paladin with rapid-fire battle cannon, reaper chainsword, twin Icarus autocannon, Mark of the Lance and 2x heavy stubbers. (Warlord Trait: Master of the Joust)

- Knight Paladin with rapid-fire battle cannon, reaper chainsword, stormspear rocket pod, Ravager and 2x heavy stubbers. (Warlord Trait: Land Strider)

- Knight Castellan with Volcano Lance, Plasma Decimator, 2x twin meltaguns, 2x shield breaker missiles and 2x siegebreaker cannons.
"An action hero with brains? That just means that you don't run into things as often." - Douglas Henshall

LucidNinja

LucidNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 469 posts
Looks like you'll either smash like a hammer or spend the whole game chasing little targets (pretty much all knights in 8th) Also your missing a relic, warlord gets 1 for free and 3cp gets you another 2. I'd recommend giving the Castellan cawls super plasma. As a bonus that makes all your knights characters, heroic intervention all round 😅

Edit: just saw ravenger as your other relic sorry, again I'd say maybe swap that for the cawl plasma on your Castellan

Edited by LucidNinja, 12 June 2018 - 12:28 AM.

sneakybamsen

sneakybamsen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,039 posts
  • Faction: DA, IK, TS

I second Cawl's Wrath on the Castellan. It is SO much better than the plasma decimator for the same points.

A.K.A. Brother Cyphriel

Progress log for Dark Angels and a couple of knights: http://www.bolterand...-paintful-work/

eO4Lhjt.pngWLvJrn0.png7OYFHsF.png

Casual Heresy

Casual Heresy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 363 posts
  • Faction: The Imperium
Thanks for the feedback guys. The issue with Cawl’s wrath is that it’s Questor Mechanicus only. What I’m thinking though is I could make the Castellan a Questor Mechanicus Freeblade. The Castellan was never really going to benefit from the House Griffith tradition anyway, and I’ll still be able to make them a character with the Relic stratagem so I can get Cawl’s Wrath. Plus I really like the colour scheme of the Stormwalker which has the same wargear so it’s almost perfect. For its traits I’d probably pick rather than roll so I can always use the re-rolling ones on units of 10+ foes or the objective secured one and just roll for the burden so I only have one to worry about.
"An action hero with brains? That just means that you don't run into things as often." - Douglas Henshall

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Imperial Knights, Questor Imperialis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users