Tom From Poland and His Grey Knights

PureShield

Hello I’m trying to get in contact with Tom from Poland. Tom was featured in multiple battle reports on MWG and I absolutely fell in love with his Grey Knights army. I would like to get in contact with him as I am using his army as inspiration for my Grey Knights and I would like to ask him some questions and to see more photos of his army. If anyone can help me get in contact with him I would be very grateful. Thank you!

Here is Tom and his army in action

https://youtu.be/FqEfUTICYCo

I would like to help, but I don't know anybody who's name is Tom. I really doubt you will be able to find him here, the best way for you to contact him would we thorough miniwargaming, Poland is quite big after all.

Second while most of his army is okey GK Terminators are TERRIBAD they are probably one of the least cost-efective models you could get, at 48 points these cost 12 guardsman, and a 10 men squad costs a whooping 480pts. There is so much stuff you can get that is 480pts and doesn't get absolutly destroyed by a single autocanon. Paladins are much, much better and they come at 54pts, and a 3-man squad. Als thatnks to the big faq that absolutly killed the whole of grey knights you can't just deep strike those termies and dreadknights. The rest of his army is fine really but Terminators have no redeeming qualities about them, especcialy when you consider that 5-men purgation squad with 4 psilancers is cheaper, has more shots and is easier to deepstrike.

• 3 weeks later...

Grey knight terminators look awesome and are an iconic unit.

I plan to never run a list without them.

Who cares there’s better options for points.

Lighten up and play some narrative games, you might enjoy it.

I still run my GKTs, they're the first unit I ever painted!

It's possible TDAs will get an overhaul since they are rarely used in general. 3+ on 2d6 saves need to come back to balance against hordes, -AP, volume fire and 2damage shots.

I believe that going back to a 2d6 roll save on 3+ would do wonders for Terminators in general. Not sure that would ever happen (unfortunately). I tend to lose mine to large volumes of no AP shots and this would help not only with that but high ap weapons as well. I remember 2nd edition terminators fondly for this reason :)

I believe that going back to a 2d6 roll save on 3+ would do wonders for Terminators in general. Not sure that would ever happen (unfortunately). I tend to lose mine to large volumes of no AP shots and this would help not only with that but high ap weapons as well. I remember 2nd edition terminators fondly for this reason :smile.:

That won't ever happen again. Imagine having to roll 20 saves (aka getting shot at by 3 Bolter Aggressors) one by one. GW tries to speed up the game, not to slow it down even further. ^^

I believe that going back to a 2d6 roll save on 3+ would do wonders for Terminators in general. Not sure that would ever happen (unfortunately). I tend to lose mine to large volumes of no AP shots and this would help not only with that but high ap weapons as well. I remember 2nd edition terminators fondly for this reason :smile.:

The issue with something like that is that it makes the game take ages. Every save has to be done two dice at a time.

Personally, if I could remake terminators, I'd make them T5, 2+/5++, 3W, moving and firing heavy weapons incurs no penality, advancing turns weapons into assault versions (ie, Rapid Fire 2 becomes Assault 2), drop movement to 4" and limit advance to D3". Terminators would also be able to advance after deepstriking. I think this would make them far more fluff like, relentless tanks continually advancing toward enemy lines.

For a more realistic change, I'd just make terminator armour give a -1 to damage taken, to a minimum of 1. Would make them far more durable. Would have to rebalance characters with terminator armour however.

Lighten up and play some narrative games, you might enjoy it.

How dare you not be competitive 100% of the time! How dare you sir!  :teehee:

Playing competitive grey knights? :whistling:

The issue with something like that is that it makes the game take ages. Every save has to be done two dice at a time.

Personally, if I could remake terminators, I'd make them T5, 2+/5++, 3W, moving and firing heavy weapons incurs no penality, advancing turns weapons into assault versions (ie, Rapid Fire 2 becomes Assault 2), drop movement to 4" and limit advance to D3". Terminators would also be able to advance after deepstriking. I think this would make them far more fluff like, relentless tanks continually advancing toward enemy lines.

For a more realistic change, I'd just make terminator armour give a -1 to damage taken, to a minimum of 1. Would make them far more durable. Would have to rebalance characters with terminator armour however.

Great point. I would just like to see them become the terrors they should be. Which in my mind would require a few changes.

I liked Tom's army too. Grey Knights are my Terminator and psychic army, so I gotta make due with what I got, and I don't want to run them as paladins since I kinda feel if you go against the narrative you came up with for your guys, you sort of dishonor their spirit for lack of a better term.

I got 5 paladins, 2 hammer Docs (apothecaries) and 3 Razorborn (falcions).

The other 20 terminators are regular go terminators.

Archived