Neutral paint scheme for BFM crashed Aquilla lander

Greetings Brothers,

I Hope this is the Right Subforum for this questions.

I recently got the crashed Aquilla Lander terrain piece from BFM as a gift from a friend, because he likes to see it painted by me.

I was wondering what would be a good colour scheme to paint it.

I was thinking that i don't want to just paint it in the colours of a specific chapter, because if i drop it on the table, the given chapter might not be present.

My thoughts so far:

Paint it just ancient and rusty, like it has been around for a while. But that might cut out the "Just crashed" narrative aspect out a bit. So I think i don't want to do that.

Another Idea to go with some Inquisition paintjob... Something like Red and Black or something like Deathwatch.

On the Other hand in 40K, Technically any army could be Interested to get hands on whatever dirty secret is on that ship - So maybe something like dark angels?. ^^

Does anyone else have a good Idea on that issue?

Of course I will psot some Picturres once it is finished. :wink:

Since Aquilas are used mostly for VIP transport, Inquisition sounds like a good idea. Mechanicum would work. You might also consider a truly neutral paint job similar to Israeli Defence Forces. Basically shades of sand, gray, or olive drab would work. That would you the opportunity to identify it as whatever would match the narrative of a given game. Because, of course, real VIP's would travel in subdued livery.

Oh, and don't disrespect my Dark Angels like that. Dirty secrets, hrmph. ;)

THank you for the pics and the Inspiration!

Adeptus mechanicus would be a good Idea too.

So it is either that or Inquisition. Both good narrative factions to crash a juicy objective on a planet for any faction (VIP, Artifact or Tech on board ^^).

Another option would be to go for a grey or metallic colour, as if it was unpainted metal. While not particularly flashy, it would fit the "standard imperial vehicle" feel. However I must say the Inquisition option is pretty good and characterful.

Archived