Heresy TDA in game

So setting aside the spot that TDA is in general atm, I'd love to ask my brothers that have access to the heresy armors how they are fairing? Hoping we Wolves get access soon in 40k and I love the looks but im dubious about the efficacy.

Do those that have fielded them feel the differences in M or Sv are felt? Does the equipment loadout for each work for their roles?

I realize the sample will be low because again TDA isnt doing well but I'd like to avoid that can of worms if possible.

Thanks!

Personally, I like the heresy terminators.  I have used lightning claw cataphractii with a captain in a land raider redeemer a few times and when they make it to their target they have done pretty well with all the rerolls.  As for tartaros, the special weapons that they have are pretty cool.  The reaper autocannon is pretty decent, and with a plasma blaster on the sergeant they can put out quite a few S7 shots.  Being able to take a single lightning claw with your storm bolter is pretty nice too.

oh and also, avoid the volkite.  It is probably the most underwhelming weapon you could give a terminator, it is heavy for some reason, doesn't have many shots, and no AP... rule of cool is the only thing it has going for it.

When you make the 4+ invulnerable Cataphractii are great. I'm rather unlucky though!

Their biggest weakness is multi damage weapons just like "ordinary" Indomintus Terminators, which unfortunately opponents have in spades this edition. 3 wounds and 2+ WS and BS are needed to fix all versions in my humble opinion.

But looking at them on the table - they're okay. Not competitive in the same way as Primaris but still worth a look in lists that provide saturation to the opponent's target priority.

Archived