Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

First list. 2k Deathwatch. Halp.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

TheLongWatch

TheLongWatch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts

Hi all, long time lurker here, decided to take the plunge and start interacting!

Deathwatch was the first army I started collecting and I was pretty much only fussed about building and painting, so as a result I've played maybe 3 small games at my local GW.

Anyway, I'm desperate to get some proper games in and I'm sitting on quite a sizeable force so I figured I'd put a list together and let you all tell me what's what!

HQ

Watch master 

Trait Lord of hidden knowledge

Relic Tome of Ectoclades

Watch captain

- Jump pack, combi plasma, thunder hammer

Relic Beacon angelis

Troops

Intercessors x 10

- 10 x Bolt rifle, bolt pistol

Veterans x 10

- 4 x Frag cannons

- 6 x Storm bolter/Storm shield

Veterans x 5

- Combi melta/Xenophase blade

- Meltagun

- Combi melta

- Meltagun/Power axe

- Combi melta

Veterans x 6

-4 x Stalker pattern boltgun

-2 x Missile launcher

Elites

Venerable dreadnought

- Twin lascannon/Missile launcher

Venerable dreadnought

- Twin lascannon/Missile launcher

Flyers

Corvus Blackstar

- Twin assault cannon, blackstar rocket launchers, hurricane bolter, infernum halo launcher/auspex array (foe dependent!)

Heavy support

Relic Leviathan dreadnought

- 2 x Storm cannon array, 2 x heavy flamer

This works out to be around 2000 points. I could drop the leviathan for another corvus and get a couple more vets in, but probs not :L

Rough plan

- Frag team in the corvus with the watch master, moves up to something blobby

- Ven dreads, intercessors and stalker team chill out back for a turn shooting at screens/anti flyer things

- Melta team, leviathan and jump captain sit in deepstrike

- Turn 2, (hopefully) disembark my frag team/watch master, drop in the leviathan and melta/jump captain combo wherever required, beacon the intercessors up

- Cause as much damage as possible, go from there!

Probably obvious from my list, but I'm not trying to be competitive, just want to have a bit of fun and roll as many dice as possible!

Ceranidian

Ceranidian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 58 posts

I'm a bit of a beginner myself so I'm not the best at judging lists, but as far as I can tell It looks pretty solid! Maybe throw in a heavy bolter with the stalker veterans for the Hellfire Shells strategem? I also think you must include another heavy support choice to be able to take the Leviathan?

TheLongWatch

TheLongWatch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts
I’m not sold on heavy bolters really... excluding the stratagem, they just seem pretty expensive for what is essentially a 3 shot stalker pattern boltgun! Maybe that’s my inexperience showing though! Bugger, I forgot about that rule :L I guess I could swap out a Ven dread for some helblasters, or try and wrangle a dual kheres contemptor in there somehow!

Ceranidian

Ceranidian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 58 posts

I see what you mean, I don't think the heavy bolter is that appealing apart from the stratagem either. And since you don't plan on having a character for rerolls with your firebase I guess the stratagem is kinda risky – a third of the time it misses and does nothing.

For heavy support you could also try to fit a Mortis Dreadnought in there, they look like pretty solid gun platforms with 2x twin autocannons for only 135pts. Could also arm it with lascannons but hitting on 3+ without rerolls I'm not sure how efficient it would be. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users