Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GW author flooded by death wishes over new book

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

Irbis

Irbis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,137 posts

Story by WoS here.

Anyone honestly surprised by this? 

• Michaelum likes this

Tylydox

Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 450 posts

"Cavan scott is a veteran, comics and novels author. He was hired by GW to do the Warhammer adventure novels (warhammer for kids)."

A guy who signed to do an idiotic piece of work genially surprised that there are idiots out there who take their things too seriously.   Oh an welcome to the modern society where delinquent degenerates think they can do anything they want because "they have freedoms" including denying the freedom of speech to their opponents.

• Drudge Dreadnought, Slave to Darkness, Legionnaire of the VIIth and 1 other like this

Calyptra

Calyptra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 595 posts
  • Faction: Dark Eldar
That's upsetting.

Not engaging in harassment and threats is a low bar, and I thought we were better than that.

Is there anything we can do to support Mr. Scott? (Note that I keep a ten foot pole which I use for not touching Twitter.)
  • Cruor Vault, templargdt, MaulerUK and 4 others like this
ETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Xenos_DrukarETL_VI_Badge_Artisan.jpggallery_30308_9518_10445.pnggallery_30308_9518_5763.png
My project logs:
Drug-Crazed Space Elves
Stupid Humans
You can find me on Instagram twice! Hobby stuff and art/circus stuff

HCMistborn

HCMistborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,125 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Knights
"Can't say I'm surprised, but I am disappointed. The fandom is a poisonous swamp. Every fandom is a poisonous swamp. Because that's what "fan" means now, not "someone who likes something" but "someone who has constructed their entire identity around that thing." When the thing changes, instead of going "welp, I guess I don't like new thing, time to stop giving it my attention and money" they lash out because they feel like their identity is being attacked. But they're the ones who were damn fool enough to base it around someone else's property in the first place. If you build a fort on your neighbour's lawn, don't be surprised when he takes it down."

Someone posted that in the comments, completely agree with this. Let's also try to not start the generational/ kids these days/ modern society thing here, that gets vicious and won't be any better than politalk.

I shot him a support tweet on Twitter.

Edited by HCMistborn, 13 June 2018 - 12:02 AM.

• Honda, Sandlemad, Jack of the Pelt and 8 others like this

Reclusiarch Krieg

Reclusiarch Krieg

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,303 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

A guy who signed to do an idiotic piece of work genially surprised that there are idiots out there who take their things too seriously.

Yeah, sure. His own fault and the books are "idiotic". 

#fandom

• Bronze Beast in the Dark, The4thHorseman, Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra and 20 others like this

Threefold Brush Studio Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! We ship worldwide.
SuOSJCa.png
Stormbolt & Hammer
, a new Age of Sigmar Forum!

twopounder

twopounder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,411 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
Unsurprising. Gamers are probably the most toxic, hateful and self destructive group on Earth. If ww3 happens, it will be from a balance patch on a video game.
  • Sandlemad, Walter Payton, Thrillhouse and 3 others like this

4bVlhOy.jpg

Massive 3D Printing Project - Working on the Whirlwind Scorpius

Ravenwing WIP - (57 Bikes and counting)

Full Battle Company - Lion's Blade including 14 Razorbacks

Shapeways - Like the models I make? Now you can get them too!

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,220 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit
=][=I will only post once. Stay respectful to each other, or this topic gets closed right now. The subject matter is polarising as it is. If you can't get your point across without insults, don't post. =][=
  • Honda, Cruor Vault, DarkApostle7 and 2 others like this

Once, a Novice Cantus came to me, troubled and uncertain. A slip of a girl, only a few strides down the eternal path leading her to the Golden Throne. She asked me a question. She asked me how we can ever truly understand what faith is. I told her that there is no coin to measure what we feel in our hearts. There are no scales upon which we might weigh the faith of one woman against another. There is only duty and blood. There are only deeds and words. There is only the service to the God-Emperor, and the price that demands from each Sister can only be known by Him. But know that whatever fears must be faced, whatever hardships endured, that price is forever worth its full cost.
- Sister Katherine Elysius,
Daughter of the Emperor (later Imperial Saint Katherine)

Calyptra

Calyptra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 595 posts
  • Faction: Dark Eldar
I guess I'll buy the book when it comes out. That's something.
  • Inquisitor Dracos, MaulerUK, Ranwulf and 4 others like this
ETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Xenos_DrukarETL_VI_Badge_Artisan.jpggallery_30308_9518_10445.pnggallery_30308_9518_5763.png
My project logs:
Drug-Crazed Space Elves
Stupid Humans
You can find me on Instagram twice! Hobby stuff and art/circus stuff

Kriegsmacht

Kriegsmacht

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,432 posts

I'm not interested in the books therefor i'm just not paying them much attention. I'm sure there will be people who will find enjoyment in the stories. I hold no ill will towards the author who is writing the stories.

Seems that kind of thinking is lost on people.

• Cruor Vault, MaulerUK, Altis and 2 others like this
The flesh is weak but Twinkies are forever...

Burn the Heretic, the witch, the mutant in the name of oooo cake!

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,165 posts
:|. :(

This is why we can't have nice things. I feel so bad for the author.
  • Apologist, Kierdale, RikuEru and 1 other like this

banana

Brokejaw Gutripper

Brokejaw Gutripper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
Why does this topic need to exist here? I get bringing attention to the horrendous acts against the author, but at some point this thread will devolve into something far more ugly, polarizing, and vicious.

I don’t think there is anything to gain by leaving it open and I would put forward to the mods a humble request to close it.
  • MARK0SIAN and allfatherstudios like this

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,812 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
But it hasn’t yet, so... maybe, just maybe, for once we can be bigger than that?

If not, just don’t open or post in the thread?
  • Venerable Jazzman, Inquisitor Dracos, Ranwulf and 3 others like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners
Posted Here: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the War and Wolves): PCA WiP Forum
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 919 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore

This is genuinely the saddest and most depressing thing I have read concerning this hobby in a solid half a decade to decade.

• templargdt, Apologist, Ranwulf and 6 others like this

Open for Commissions; Inquire via PM

My own blog (Update: 5.April.2017) smile.png : https://beneathterra.blogspot.ch/

"What if the struggle between the Emperor and Chaos is a simplified example of Hegelian Dialectics that cannot reach a solution due to an insidious, capitalistic bid for the consumers money?" - A censored.gifpost by yours truly, 12th of August 2017, before the clock struck 1AM

Brokejaw Gutripper

Brokejaw Gutripper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
There’s nothing ‘power armor’ related to discuss. The OP posted a story, and asked if anyone is surprised by it.

People will be surprised or they won’t be, and people will support the author or support the disgusting actions against the author. We are all experienced enough to know where that leads.

I fail to see how this is a positive discussion to have here.

Edit: very well, I’ll see myself from the topic. God have mercy and all that 😉

Edited by Brokejaw Gutripper, 13 June 2018 - 12:44 AM.

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,499 posts

This is genuinely the saddest and most depressing thing I have read concerning this hobby in a solid half a decade to decade.

Absolutely, i hate seeing people be so terrible to other people over this stuff.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Bulwyf

Bulwyf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,041 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

I am not surprised. Some people take forms of entertainment far too seriously. Threatening anyone for something to trivial is sadly the state of things in the world today.

40kDGBanner

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,239 posts
There's a subset in every fan group that are like this and I'm sure it's not specific to ours after a guy I did a course with who was a fellow Star Trek fan also turned out to be quite a racist who apparently sent very cranky letters in to Paramount about the casting of Voyager. But most people I know in our hobby are far better than this regardless of their opinion of these books.

Michaelum

Michaelum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 63 posts

I though those books were a stupid terrible idea that devalues 40k, but threating the author is a no-go.

If someone does not like it don´t support it and express it to GW on their channels and that´s about it. There is always those who go mental about changes, nothing new. Saying that this only happens on the 40k fanbase is a flat out lie

• Lexington, Noctis, templargdt and 2 others like this
"They were despatched into the Outer Darkness upon that first Day of Exile, there to ravage the foes of mankind until their final atonement. Their Forgotten One gave them remit unbound, to set about the Traitor, the alien and the Renegade without mercy, and to harrow them in their places of strength. So began their long hunt. They hunt still."

— Mythos Angelica Mortis, Chapter 17, Paragraph 98, ca. M36

Orpheus108

Orpheus108

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 256 posts
I feel sorry for people attacking him like that, it's GW way of getting a new generation of kids into the world of warhammer and slowly bring them into it. I support Cavan fully in his new work and my son will most likely want to read it as he already paints his ultramarines army. I see it as a good way to reach new possible gamers into warhammer. Just no need for the death posts at all in anyway.
  • our_baz likes this
15.jpg

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,641 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels

I'm not a proponent of the books, but this is stupid and ridiculous

Every fandom has a toxic component, some worse than others..

I figured ours was a little better than say Overwatch or Star Wars... guess I was wrong.

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png   gallery_86352_14298_17387.jpg gallery_86352_12089_19839.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

Cleanse And Purify

Cleanse And Purify

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 220 posts
People should never harass authors for simply writing something that changes an IP they like in a way they dislike. I do not like the childrens books, and I am not shy of saying so, but abusing someone in this way is inexcusable.

Sadly, the internet is a cesspool. I cant imagine many of these idiots would say the same to Mr. Scott if they had to say it to his face. Few things are more cowardly than harassing people from the safety of a keyboard.
  • Noctis likes this

We are the only source of goodness, severe and drastic.

There is no other source of hope than us.

We are agonizingly alone.

Kinstryfe

Kinstryfe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 958 posts
  • Faction: So many Imperials...
1. I wish I were surprised by this, but I'm not.
2. This is pretty much the extreme end game of how every other post on Warhammer forums get derailed by people complaining about XYZ changes obsessively.
3. This guarantees I'm buying a copy for each of my young relatives for when they're old enough to read it.
  • Ranwulf, Walter Payton, Azekai and 5 others like this
gallery_26_4045_659.png

I am a filthy ETL oathbreaker. I acknowledge my failing and will be sure to correct it.

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,732 posts

This is quite depressing... like people that offended Chris Pratt for the role of Star-Lord during Avengers: Infinity War...

Attacking an employee for a decision made by his boss is the most stupid thing ever...

“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,611 posts
  • Faction: The Brass Stampede
Dear gods, the stupidity of some people on this planet is astounding. Time and time again, we demonstrate that our lives are so easy that we must find the most asinine things possible to be outraged about. May the desecrated sanctity of one’s chosen fictional universe be the worst thing that ever happens to us.
  • Noserenda, MaulerUK, sockwithaticket and 2 others like this

jd71B4p.jpgMFgjOT4.jpgjd71B4p.jpg

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 458 posts
Seriously,I don't understand issuing death threats, especially for something so trivial. I generally am not keen on the idea of these books, so I just won't buy them, I'd rather introduce my nephews or nieces to the hobby by showing them the coil models.
  • Noctis and Legionnaire of the VIIth like this
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users