Da Legund of Boss Morfang Skragga!

Warsmith Uveron

Update!

Spent another night at work building some models, I think its the last day I will be able to do anything until I start priming some of these models.

Stompa:

I decided to add some weapons to one of the platforms, the kit probably belongs to the Ork in the 'Komand-Center' so he can rush and grab it when a good scrap breaks out.

gallery_63905_14685_107730.jpg

The Nob Squad.

I put together a squad of 5 nobs, with a nice mix of weapons. I have 2 with Big choppas, One with Power Claw, another with Power Staber, and Kustom Stoota (kit-bashed, it may need some more work!), and then one with the kombi-flamer. I tried to build personality to each of them, and will also try when painting tie each of them to a number of the boyz, so that each nob has his own 'mob' so to speak.

gallery_63905_14685_18128.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_444058.jpggallery_63905_14685_397327.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_190388.jpg

The Dread, 'Da Breacher'

Decided to build the dread in a way that made it look like it was built for destroying fortifications! (After all they are in my fluff fighting Iron Warriors). Also added some extra bits from my Ork kit, some spikes from the Gorkamorka kit, and a few other spikes.

gallery_63905_14685_166267.jpggallery_63905_14685_972080.jpg

The Boyz,

I built 5 for Slugger boys and 5 shooter as they on the current Index entire I can run mixed squads,and it will be better to paint.

gallery_63905_14685_604932.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_1405002.jpg

Those little adjustments are making a big difference.

I like the guy with the runtherd head particularly. He looks like he's really trying to aim, bless.

I recognise the piece from the original battle wagon! I had one of these many moons ago and lost it! the little tools that came with it are still in my bits box with a couple of track pieces.

IT Has STARTED!

It was a cool and dry day in Oklahoma Today, and I was home from Rig for a few hours, so was able to get my spray cans out to start the painting of my Orks.

gallery_63905_14685_600128.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_486819.jpg

Then I had a Parcel Arrive, with the final part I needed for the Stompa, I attached it after the first priming, but I plan to go in again on this model with a second with the can to get the spots I have missed.

gallery_63905_14685_945509.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_648820.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_196259.jpg

So then with all that done I started work on my 'test' model. Given the fact that this russ is 100% made from old models. So I fired up Ducans Video on how to paint Goff Armour, and went though the basic steps. Next up will be washes and highlights. But at least the block-paint has been done.

gallery_63905_14685_229348.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_591383.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_426404.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_940610.jpg

Those little adjustments are making a big difference.

I like the guy with the runtherd head particularly. He looks like he's really trying to aim, bless.

I recognise the piece from the original battle wagon! I had one of these many moons ago and lost it! the little tools that came with it are still in my bits box with a couple of track pieces.

Thanks! I do wish I had used Runtherd Head on the Bigshoota, ah well I expect to make some more before too long so it will be a conversion in the future. Though looking at that model a cross-hair on the gun will be a good choice. 

Now sadly I did not have parts from the Original Battle Wagon, what I had was back when GorkaMorka was put out I got my hands on this bag, and even though I have moved from the UK to the USA, bits from it are still within my bits box! 

A suggestion for a resource on painting goff vehicle, I'd suggest

Looking good though.

Edited by toaae

A suggestion for a resource on painting goff vehicle, I'd suggest

Looking good though.

Thanks! 

I have actually watched this one before, it was good and its not too different from the Warhammer TV method. Primary difference being  the length of the video. So the small one just helped remind me of the steps. 

Quick Update.

Spent another slow night at work painting the 'Test tank'. Added first round of rust effects and trying my hand at some Ork freehand. Some of it work some parts not so much. It turns out that when my AC in my house broke it caused some drying of my paint (Well it was 97f inside). But my black paint is not that great for fine detail at the moment. Whole stack of paints have been ordered, but in the mean time. CC is welcome and requested!

gallery_63905_14685_240880.jpggallery_63905_14685_395279.jpggallery_63905_14685_1402457.jpggallery_63905_14685_147273.jpg

Great paint job on the tank, really like the weathering. If these Orks turn out anything like your chaos we’re all in for a treat!

Thanks the weathering on this tank is mostly so far just a orange wash applyed to the metallics. Apoears to be a simple way to get a instant rust effet

• 3 weeks later...

So Had a few delays thanks to this

gallery_63905_14685_586597.jpg

But in the time running around I was able to paint all the Grots I have (Ammo Runts, Stompa Crew, and with Guns) One RuntHerder and a Warboss.. Oh and a Grot Weird Boy, cus the model was cheap and will work as an extra HQ when I need it.

gallery_63905_14685_806708.jpg

And then work starts on the Stompa itself

gallery_63905_14685_1542538.jpggallery_63905_14685_495032.jpg

Congratulations! I just had my first in February! He is a time hog, but worth It completely.

Thanks! She is number 2, my first was the reason I got back into the hobby. I couldn't LARP as much and a quick game of 40k in an afternoon was a lot more workable. And painting is something you can do when sitting with a sleeping baby.

As such, I have also been making progress with my collections in the last few days. And today I thought I would updat with my Progress on the Stompa (Iam about to go back to rig for work, and its too big to take with me so this marks the end of 'phase 1')

On the main hull, I started with a big brush and some cheap grey paint and did a light dry brush.

gallery_63905_14685_547335.jpg

I then followed that with a brown paint that I applied with a sponge.

gallery_63905_14685_167701.jpg

Then came out my real brushes and started painting the base metal parts. this was a long job, this was after 6 hrs of work.

gallery_63905_14685_285085.jpg

Then with another 4hrs, and then 2hrs with other paints I downed tools last night with the stopma at this stage.

gallery_63905_14685_222064.jpg

With a thin coat of abaddon black I darkened the armour plates centers, trying to leave some weathering, and paint chips. I then added the yellows and Reds of some of the base details, and then started on the bronze and brass sections, though this still needs to be finished.

gallery_63905_14685_502579.jpg

Finaly some better photos of the completed parts of the model I have done.

gallery_63905_14685_833109.jpg

The Grot Crew, Iam currently hiting up bits sites and ebay like a hawk looking for deals on some additional crew to add as extra detailing.

And then the boss plate that had the same treatment as the main hull, but has finished the steps for the final weathering.

gallery_63905_14685_1034596.jpg

Nice work, thank you for the step by step on the Stompa!

Thanks! Iam trying to take photos so when I paint the next one I rember the steps! (And I think a second one is on the cards as this has been a blast to convert and paint so far)

UPDATE TIME!

So this week I swapped 10 Chaos Space Maries models I had (Raptors and Warptalons) with one of my mates for all his unused ork boy spres He had no idea how many orks I could make from it, he just has all the boyz he will ever need and he expected I could get at least 25 from them. Well I went thought them and its an odd mix, missing legs more than I would like, but a trip to ebay has that solution, and then a new box of boys helped to round the collection of so I should when all is done have 55 orks.

25 with shootas, 25 with Slugger and Choppa, (4 of which have big shooters), and then a unit of 5 kit bashed tank-busters. Still waiting on the Ebay legs, but until that point I have these new chaps joining the collection.

You will also note, that most the heads are very similar. That is because I have decided I liked the helmeted look on Orks, and although they look very samy at the moment, but with paints and small alterations it will look uniformed but individual.

gallery_63905_14685_433535.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_436146.jpg

Edited by Warsmith Uveron

Nice use of the shoulder pad to hide the awkward join on the stikkbomm arm. It's a beautiful bit but it's rather hard to actually use, isn't it!

Nice use of the shoulder pad to hide the awkward join on the stikkbomm arm. It's a beautiful bit but it's rather hard to actually use, isn't it!

Thanks! It sorta just came together!

I have also got these 5 tankbusters together now as well! I need to get back to painting, but ah well.

gallery_63905_14685_327080.jpg

Edited by Warsmith Uveron

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well its been a long week of alot of work, after mucking about most the week I finaly got some work done on some models today

Mostly its just the painting the Black on the armour (Black, dry brush Grey, Sponge Brown and Silver then wash Nul Oil) and the base Metailics, but happy with them so far!

gallery_63905_14685_361479.jpggallery_63905_14685_1364782.jpg

Some truly fine stuff in this thread! I especially like the Mek and that boss plate on the stompa. It's great to see some other people making progress on their Orks as inspiration every now and then, keep it up!

Thanks! 

The Boss Plate was my test run on how I was going to do my reds in this army. Worked out real well, better than anytime I have tried to re-do it! 

Terrific work as always!

Thanks!