Uverons ORKS WIP

I will see what happened to my own lord Contagion. THE Axe may need some greenstuff to make it look less poxed, but its not a bad plan.

As for the gun, the plan is a spare from nobs kit, or Assault on Black reach warboss arm I have spare...

The heads going to be the trick. Realy wany something unique and getting the helmet will help. (And help with the fixing the head to the body)

Looking over what I wanted to make out of my 50pl Crusade list I realised I had a pile of boyz that needed painting.

So the Batch Painting mission starts!

gallery_63905_14685_524526.jpg

Off to a good start with those boys brother

Are you participating in the 12 months of hobby event? The xenos faction could use some more participants

Edited by The_Chaplain

Looking over what I wanted to make out of my 50pl Crusade list I realised I had a pile of boyz that needed painting.

So the Batch Painting mission starts!

gallery_63905_14685_524526.jpg

Are you participating in the 12 months of hobby event? The xenos faction could use some more participants

Iam not, didnt realy look at any of them presumed that the closing to join was done.

Pretty sure you can join whenever-- honestly ive found it to be pretty motivating to participate in an event like that while painting an army. Something to think about.

What primer did you use on the boys? Mechanicus standard grey?

I use a can of Grey Primer from Walmart. Its Not a easy to use as GW primer, but it gets the job done on my non-high detail projects like the Orks. 

Da Boss arrived.

Spent 30mins starting to work on building him before running off to work!

Happy I was able to get the helmet to fit. going to need some more smothing and some greenstuff to tidy it up fully, but it does look proppa orky!

gallery_63905_14685_536142.jpg

Edited by Warsmith Uveron

Great idea and looks good so far but to get that full ork look it might be worth trying to drop the head a little - it looks like it would need some more trimming and GS to work but would more immediately read as an ork to my eye.

Great idea and looks good so far but to get that full ork look it might be worth trying to drop the head a little - it looks like it would need some more trimming and GS to work but would more immediately read as an ork to my eye.

Iam hopeing that once I have built up the armour plates and the boss poll and other gubins he will look more orkish in that regard.

So I spent last night putting the Boss together, made some progress.... But not 100% happy with what Iam doing need to have a hard thing about some of the steps.

So this was Stage 1.

gallery_63905_14685_836450.jpg

Urgh, I didn't like where this model was going. And I kinda lie, this was stage 2 as I had a different set up for the belly before returning to use the actual bit from the kit. But went to focus on the backpack...

I took a spare army from the Killer Kans List, with part of magna-grapple from the Blood Angels Dreadnought kit. It looked good, but it didnt fit with the kit. I spent some time looking at it and playing with it. I wasnt happy.

So I changed my plan and took it off.

Not being happy with the exact direction the model was going (Happy with the general but not exact) I put together all the bits and built the whole kit so I can decided what needs chopping up, filling and smoothing.

So this is what he looks like at the moment.

gallery_63905_14685_293176.jpg

So Iam happy with the Gun. (Even if the Kustom Shooter does look like a Pistol). Not happy with the spear, looks too AOS Still so I think it's time to make it dead choppy.

The 'Belly' Plate is another part Iam not happy with. I have been able to remove the maw, but not sure about the Glif.. may need to be removed. Same with the pistol and swords (AT least the Swords Hilt needs to be changed).

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_14685_440971.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_888551.jpg

Finaly Just for a sense of scale this is my boss next to the Assault on Black reach Boss.

gallery_63905_14685_606479.jpg

So I spent last night putting the Boss together, made some progress.... But not 100% happy with what Iam doing need to have a hard thing about some of the steps.

So this was Stage 1.

gallery_63905_14685_836450.jpg

Urgh, I didn't like where this model was going. And I kinda lie, this was stage 2 as I had a different set up for the belly before returning to use the actual bit from the kit. But went to focus on the backpack...

I took a spare army from the Killer Kans List, with part of magna-grapple from the Blood Angels Dreadnought kit. It looked good, but it didnt fit with the kit. I spent some time looking at it and playing with it. I wasnt happy.

So I changed my plan and took it off.

Not being happy with the exact direction the model was going (Happy with the general but not exact) I put together all the bits and built the whole kit so I can decided what needs chopping up, filling and smoothing.

So this is what he looks like at the moment.

gallery_63905_14685_293176.jpg

So Iam happy with the Gun. (Even if the Kustom Shooter does look like a Pistol). Not happy with the spear, looks too AOS Still so I think it's time to make it dead choppy.

The 'Belly' Plate is another part Iam not happy with. I have been able to remove the maw, but not sure about the Glif.. may need to be removed. Same with the pistol and swords (AT least the Swords Hilt needs to be changed).

Hidden Content

gallery_63905_14685_440971.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_888551.jpg

Finaly Just for a sense of scale this is my boss next to the Assault on Black reach Boss.

gallery_63905_14685_606479.jpg

So I spent another night working on the Boss and was able to got him finished!

Well, since my last update the first big thing I did was remove the spear, replaced it with a Dread Saw from the Deff Dred kit that I pinned into place to try and make a hard bond.

I then shaved the belly plate down as seen here:

gallery_63905_14685_772885.jpg

I then filled the space with greenstuff and replaced the Glyph on the belly and it looks alot better now, I also touched up the eyes on the head as they were slightly damaged when attaching the helmet, I also added a extra tub of ammo to the Kustom Shooter, A to make the gun look bigger, and B to hide some damage to the hand that was caused when removing the Hammer and smoothing out the vambrace.

So all that said, may I introduce, Boss Morfang Skragga, Da Witness of Gork.

gallery_63905_14685_675756.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_574457.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_652856.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_161575.jpg

• 1 month later...

So its been a month... the batch Painting is still in process! Almost done with base coats on 20boys + 5 Tankbustres + Warboss.

But last week I sold off my BA collection and the first round of new product started to arive, so its back to the Workshop in building some new transports and support units for the lads.

First up is a Battle Wagon.

Wanted to build a Wagon that looked really up armoured so I can run the fortress kustom job on it. Also wanted to keep the model vaguely open topped so I can run it as a standard wagon with that ability. So I decided to build the Wagon off a Chimeria core. After a bit of playing around with the standard Wagon it, I ended up with this.

gallery_63905_14685_259209.jpggallery_63905_14685_123034.jpg

I then added more armour plates to the sides building the two parts of the kit closer together before finaly starting to add a whole pile of guns. Aiming for an Cannon and 4 Bigshooters. Eventualy I will get my 'Deffroller' bits in (Its not going to be a Deffroller got other plans) and it will sit under the main cab, and on that assembly some stickbomb launchers will be mounted.

gallery_63905_14685_1718289.jpggallery_63905_14685_290597.jpggallery_63905_14685_277152.jpg

In addtion to the Deffroller, I also may change the smaller turret out for a Ork with a gun standing out of a hatch. Additionally I want to add another gun mounting at the back to make it look like the 'Tail Gunner' can move his Big shooter depending where the fight is.

Finaly I started working on my first 'new' ork buggy the BoomDakka Snazwagon. Now these buggys when they first came out were a reason my enthusiasm for orks died. they were not get for kustom buggys and it was going to be hard to convert them from my old stuff. That said I love Ork Speedfreaks so it was just a matter of time. Anyway I decided my Buggy was going to be special, so I replaced the back gunner, and arm working on replacing the armoured roof for a full roll cage (So details in the cab can still be see)

gallery_63905_14685_1340851.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_293367.jpg gallery_63905_14685_78985.jpg

Holy :censored: is that a gorkamorka era ork as the gunner on that boomdakka snazzwagon?

Looking forward to more work on these new buggies

Yeah! 

It was the biggest ork in the range for the longest time. So he isnt that much smaller than the replacement (and his hand fits almost perfectly on the gun) 

I finished getting the base coat on all my Ork Boys and other than rebaseing them they are all battle ready (I boxed them up before I remembered to take a photo). My current aim is to get all my orks to battle ready so I can play some games with a fully painted army. I then can go back and bring them models to a finished level over the next year. But all that will wait till the end of this month, September is going to be focused on titanicus for me.

That said, I do want to finish the boss so started working on him last night and building up the layers.

gallery_63905_14685_799529.jpg

Well I have been waiting on a few orders from GW for the last few weeks,but it finally arrived about an hour ago, and although I have promised myself that this month is to focus on AT, due to coming up to an event I plan on attending... That said I wanted to 'finish' mt waggon conversion, so my glue and clippers came out and I attached the part I wanted to use as a Deathroller.

The model still needs green stuffing, and extra bits. But I have a second wagon and other project I plan on building and I want to get them built before adding any more bits to this waggon as It has the minimum of bits it needs now.

Now with all that said, this is now installed in the undercarriage of the cab of the Waggon, now henceforth known as " Battle Dozer"

yeah this conversion was kinda simple just using the rockgrinder dozer blade. I also then raided my bits box to build a set of hydraulics and structure to hold the dozer in place, though detailed in a way that kinda indicates that the Orks can move the blade around when needed.

Anyway have the photo dump!

gallery_63905_14685_660415.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_1021148.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_1814790.jpggallery_63905_14685_989576.jpg

It looks ridiculously front-heavy, such that it'll bury its bow like a giant metal ostrich the moment the dozer blade hits something it shouldn't, e.g., an antitank ditch. I advise moving the tracks forwards; if that's not possible, put something heavy in the rear, e.g., a looted Earthshaker cannon, to serve as a counterweight.

It Kinda looks like the Cobra H.I.S.S.

Good catch! Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

It looks ridiculously front-heavy, such that it'll bury its bow like a giant metal ostrich the moment the dozer blade hits something it shouldn't, e.g., an antitank ditch. I advise moving the tracks forwards; if that's not possible, put something heavy in the rear, e.g., a looted Earthshaker cannon, to serve as a counterweight.

I see your point. The tracks cannot be moved forward at this point and I like the profile. Even if it's unstable. But yeah something is needed at the back to make it look balanced.

Its something I have been debating i just haven't found the right bits. I will see what I have left after the next wagons built.

(Edit) Removing the boy from the back and adding another section of the wagon probably is needed. Some type of large engine from the Galvanic Servohaulers kit may work as the base of it.

It Kinda looks like the Cobra H.I.S.S.

Had to Google what that is.. hmm yeah I see it now. In really do have to build that back section up a fair bit I guess. Edited by Warsmith Uveron

Well I stat down last night and rebuilt the undercrage to try and make the wagon look more stable. I added a axle wheels and additional bracing pushing the grinder forwards to make it look alot more stable.

gallery_63905_14685_889135.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_460763.jpg

gallery_63905_14685_1009974.jpg

I also as all my bits were out started work on my 2nd wagon. its very much in the initial stages, and going to leave it be for a few weeks as I work out how I'm going to tie these two parts together (working on the area labeled with the red circle).. I need to add a fair amount of armour and gubins to tie the two assemblies together. I have a feeling a pile of plasticard is going to be used, Though Iam not opposed to the open gun deck at the back. I do need to find space to install a lobber and 4 big shooters. so something in that gap will be good!

gallery_63905_14685_1036556.jpggallery_63905_14685_438848.jpg

• 3 weeks later...