2400 Blood Angels 30k - Rite of War: Chosen Duty

Legion Centurion Delegatus - Jump Pack - Blade of Perdition - 105

10x Veterans - 3x Power Sword - 230

10x Veterans - 2x Melta - Vexillia - 240

Rhino - combi melta - 45

10x Legion Destroyers - Phosphex Bomb - Jump Packs - 335

3x Legion Quad Launcher Batteries - Shatter Shells - 210

Javelin Attack Speeder - Iliastus Assault Cannon - 2x Hunter Killer Missiles - 90

Javelin Attack Speeder - Iliastus Assault Cannon - 2x Hunter Killer Missiles - 90

3x Predators - Autocannons - Iliastus Assault Cannon sponsons - 300

Whirlwind Scorpius

Legion Caestus Assault Ram - (Veteran Squad) 305

I've put this list together recently with a combo of 30k models and old school 1990's blood angels models. My predators are all original metal Baal predators and the whirlwind Scorpius is an original 1997 metal whirlwind.

The plan is to buy the legion destroyers + Javelins soon, absolutely love the models. The Delegatus is constructed out of metal parts derived from early 1990's Assault marine sarge mixed with original devastators.

I'd be outflanking the troop veterans in the rhino and caestus. Going for a balanced army with plenty of rending and rad. Any suggestions?

Yes, I had intended both Veterans to be marksmen for the outflank but I'm considering making the power sword group fearless instead. I was also contemplating throwing them in a storm eagle rather than the Caestus (not a massive fan of the model) because I have nothing for fliers. I'd also love to throw an Arcus but am not sure how.

The Delegatus will be thrown in one of the destroyer squads. The destroyers are stupidly expensive but I'm viewing them as elite assault squads. They will be hitting on 3's as BA and wounding on 3's due to rad. Not worth the coin or points but they'll be unique nonetheless.

Yes, I had intended both Veterans to be marksmen for the outflank but I'm considering making the power sword group fearless instead. I was also contemplating throwing them in a storm eagle rather than the Caestus (not a massive fan of the model) because I have nothing for fliers. I'd also love to throw an Arcus but am not sure how.

The Delegatus will be thrown in one of the destroyer squads. The destroyers are stupidly expensive but I'm viewing them as elite assault squads. They will be hitting on 3's as BA and wounding on 3's due to rad. Not worth the coin or points but they'll be unique nonetheless.

Melters on Veterans with Marksmen have S4 against vehicles, which makes them pretty useless in that kind of squad.

And Blood Angels don't hit better, they wound better. ;)

2400 Blood Angels 30k - Rite of War: Chosen Duty

Legion Centurion Delegatus - Artificer Armour - Refactor Field - Blade of Perdition - 105

10x Veterans - 3x Power Sword -

Weapon Masters - (Storm Eagle) - 230

10x Veterans - 2x Melta - Vexillia - Machine Killers - 240

Rhino - combi melta - 45

6x Legion Terminators - Iliastus Assault Cannon - 1x Chainfist - 4x Power Fists - 250

Legion Storm Eagle - Twin linked Multimelta - 2x Twin linked Las Cannons - 265

3x Predators - Autocannons - Iliastus Assault Cannon sponsons - 300

Whirlwind Scorpius - 115

Thanks for the rules clarification gents, I didn't think sniper effected the meltas but that makes sense.

Your right about Encarmine Fury enhancing BA wounding my mistake, just means the Destroyers will be wounding on the 2+ which is great.

I've rearranged a few things, firstly the Delegatus is more resilient, no longer jump and is sticking with the power sword Vets. This squad will ride in a decked out Storm Eagle rather than the ram cause it'll look slick with BA's and will hit flyers.

I dropped the unfluffy rapiers and took 6 Terminators in place, the implacable advance will cover my lack of scoring plus I have 5 beautiful unpainted 2nd edition metal Termies with an Assault Cannon.

Feeling really happy with this, it won't win against point efficient spartan nugget armies but it's unique and has an old school feel to it. Currently hunting around for 2nd edition metal landspeeders for the Javelins.

Cheers

Archived