Black Wings Space Marines

I came across this chapter recently whilst scrolling through a list of 'official' chapters - trying to decide on  what chapter I'm going to paint my marines as.

Notable events according to Lexicanum

- In M33 they chased a band of Chaos Renegades into the Veiled Region. A single battle cruiser returned three centuries later with a handful of survivors. They will speak with none other than the Ordo Malleus and swear an oath of vendetta.

in M35 half of the chapter turn renegade, destroy the chapter's fortress monastery and kill hundreds of battle brothers. The chapter paint half of their armour black until they have hunted down all of their renegade brethren.

- In M40 they supressed the Garanhir Rebellion with the foces of the Inquisition, Grey Knights and Dark Swords chapter.

I like their colour scheme (with the black). Is it likely that their hunting of their renegade brethren is indefinite, i.e its unlikely they have hunted them all down yet?

Could be an interesting chapter otherwise - close ties with the inquisition, what could have happened in the Veiled Region?

Archived