Rules Oddities

9x19 Parabellum

So played a game last night and 3 questions came up:

1.  "What? It's shadowy inside a Dedicated Transport!"  When you deploy models after having used your "Strike from the Shadows", can you place them inside a Dedicated Transport?

2. "My Rep-Fu is strong!" If an enemy unit declares a multi-charge that includes a Repulsor Tank, do they suffer the -2 penalty against all charge targets, or just the Repulsor tank itself?

3. "Consoli-fight or Consoli-wait?"  If an enemy consolidates into one of your fresh units after he makes his attacks, YOUR models get to fight, right? I had always thought that was the case but when I checked the rulebook last night I could not find any language to support this.   Which made me wonder if we were doing it wrong this whole time.

1. No. After they have been placed in the shadows you can only place them on the battlefield. The inside of the transport is not considered on the battlefield.

2. The penalty is applied to the roll not to the distance actually moved. So if you rolled a 9 after declaring a charge against the Repulsor (and other units), you can only move 7" even if you do not move toward the Repulsor.

3. You are right, all units that are within 1" of an enemy unit can fight, not only those whose player's turn it is.

Any unit that charged or has models within 1" of an enemy unit can be chosen to fight in the Fight phase. This includes all units, not just those controlled by the player whose turn it is.

3. "Consoli-fight or Consoli-wait?"  If an enemy consolidates into one of your fresh units after he makes his attacks, YOUR models get to fight, right? I had always thought that was the case but when I checked the rulebook last night I could not find any language to support this.   Which made me wonder if we were doing it wrong this whole time.

The sequence in the basic rules is:

1. Select a unit within 1" of an enemy unit that hasn't fought yet

2. Pile in

3.-5. Fight

6. Consolidate

Then go to 1. for the other player

As a result, if an enemy unit consolidates into 1" of your units, you go to 1., and see that you have a unit matching the criteria. You could even consolidate that unit into one of your opponent's other units, and that unit can fight, and so on.

Archived