Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Necromunda 100credit Orlock Gang - Help to finish

Necromunda Orlock 1000 credits

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Rewind

Rewind

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts

Hey there B&C,

Been a little while since I last posted & 1st Necromunda post.

I've recently picked up a copy of Underhive, GW 1 & 2 + an Orlock Gang.

Initally the list would just be for pickup 1000 credit games, but I hope to also then use it in tournemants etc in the future:

Orlock 990

Leader, Sawn-off Shotgun & Servo-Claw (165)

Champion 1, Heavy Stubber (225)

Champion 2, Combat Shotgun (150)

Ganger 1, Auto-gun (70)

Ganger 2, Auto-gun (70)

Ganger 3, Auto-gun (70)

Ganger 4, Auto-gun (70)

Ganger 5, Auto-gun (70)

Juve 1, Auto-pistol & Fighting Knife (50)

Juve 2, Auto-pistol & Fighting Knife (50)

I've only left 10 points for wargear, would you recommend less bodies with more stuff?

Depending on the levels of WYSIWYG rules in use, during tournemants etc I'll need a 2nd box at some point to model upgrade options. But imagine I'll get the 2nd Champion a Heavy Stubber & at least 1 combat shotgun for a regular Ganger.

That should hopefully just leave 'upgrade' models for the Juves.

So, should this list be fun to play with & against?

Have I missed anything obvious?

I'm still playing around with starting skills, any recommendations?

I'd appreciate any advice or feedback, I'm reluctant to start glueing until I have a handle on the basics of gang creation :)

Cheers!

Rewind

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,176 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion, XIII Legion
Looks alright to me, how about 2 Stub Guns to round out the last 10 credits? One for your leader so he gets the extra attack in close combat and the other as a backup weapon for the heavy stubber champion? Can't remember the ammo roll for a heavy stubber off the top of my head so if it's a low roll just get an autopistol for your leader instead :)

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Rewind

Rewind

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts

Hey,

Thanks for the reply :)

Stubber is a 4+

I like the sound of the extra attack on the Leader, he is essentially my only melee unit after all, with Juves assisting.

Inquisitor Fox

Inquisitor Fox

++ QUAESTOR PERSONATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,590 posts
  • Faction: Inquisition
I was actually planning on arming my Orlock gang leader (once I'm done painting my Escher) with a heavy stubber and power knife. Reason was the BS is better n WS on him, so I figured I'd want him shototing, not in combat. I was going to have two heavy stubber total, then a lot of combat shotguns as I could, those are brutal. Just a couple things I had been planning on to think about.

(F.K.A. Inquisitor NicolePyykkonen)

Rewind

Rewind

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts

Interesting idea :)

My Leader is staying 'standard', just because I love the look of the model :)

2 Heavy Stubbers seems to be a common build, however the Combat Shotguns are very expensive & to start with more than 1 + a Hvy Stub would really limit your starting Gang numbers no?

Leader would be 275 points, more than 1/4 of starting credits on 1 model seems excessive?

Inquisitor Fox

Inquisitor Fox

++ QUAESTOR PERSONATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,590 posts
  • Faction: Inquisition

I was thinking of making a sawn-off/power claw champion, as I agree the model is sweet looking.

leader, heavy stubber, power knife 275

champ, heavy stubber, (autopistol/stub gun w  dumdum rounds/fighting knife) 235

ganger w/ combat shotgun 115

ganger w/ combat shotgun 115

ganger w/ autogun 70

ganger w/ autogun 70

juv w/ autopistol, fighting knife 50

juv w/ autopistol, fighting knife 50

8 models and 20 credits left.  The way I see it is you form "fire teams" of three or four models and they support each other and you go around in more of a lance formation style.  NEVER engage enemy models at even odds.

When I was trying to decide what to do with the Orlock models I bought, I was looking over the statlines and noticed that they had better BS than WS generally speaking (progression to the Champs), and they all actually got shooting skills.  I was considering making a leader who would actually be more of a field general from the middle or back, issuing orders like an Imperial Guard general to the other gangers.  This is different from the rockstar heroes of Escher and Goliath gangs, but seemed to fit the weapons (almost no real melee choices or powered gear) and skills of the Orlocks.

Was just an idea I was toying with.

(F.K.A. Inquisitor NicolePyykkonen)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Necromunda, Orlock, 1000 credits

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users