Devastation of Baal - Tower of Amareo - SPOILERS

dread05

I'm really intrigued by them, its like we had our own wulfen and I didnt know about them. They sound like red Hulks with fangs and claws.

Personally, that's what I don't like about them. There's already so many similarities between SW and BA:

• "flaws" (or are they...) in the gene code. The only other geneseed that we know is aberrant at that level is the Raven Guard, where it tends to turn their skin pale...but that kind of pales (hah!) in comparison to turning into a Wulfen or combat monster
  • propensity for melee
  • degenerate versions that hulk out and go extra-berzerker

All we need is Thunder-camel cavalry and we'll just be red/blue-grey versions of each other.

Then again, I'm just bitter that Wulfen are basically everything Death Company should be....<grumble grumble grumble>

All we need is Thunder-camel cavalry and we'll just be red/blue-grey versions of each other.

Then again, I'm just bitter that Wulfen are basically everything Death Company should be....<grumble grumble grumble>

I'll be honest, I've never seen them on the table. 

Oh, you could make a Space wolves list that's modeled like a deviant BA chapter. You could use the Griffin cavalry from AOS as a base. Itd be interesting.

Haven't read DoB until now but I'm curious if it "just" deals with the name giving event or if BA Primaries are covered, as well?

Curious if the Red Thirst / Black Rage are still a thing for them, too.

The Red Thirst can be controlled/ kept in check, right? It's been a while since I last read about BAs. ;)

Don't want to spoil it for you ;)

Primaris Marines are introduced in DoB. The Flaw in them is not decided either way. However Codex hints strongly that they are affected by Red Thirst in the fluff section. This is also reflected in the rules and that makes it quite clear (fortunately imo).

The Primaris only arrive at the end of the book so if your mainly interested in it for the Primaris then it's not what you're looking for. Everything else already got said by Majkhel.

Haven't read DoB until now but I'm curious if it "just" deals with the name giving event or if BA Primaries are covered, as well?

Curious if the Red Thirst / Black Rage are still a thing for them, too.

The Red Thirst can be controlled/ kept in check, right? It's been a while since I last read about BAs. ;)

As people have said Devastation of Baal is more about setting the stage for the introduction of Primaris to the Blood Angels, they don’t get a lot of focus in the novel.

The Red Thirst can typically be controlled by willpower until it gets to strong. It’s always there, a constant thirst, but it’s intensity varies considerably.

I’d advise you to read the novel Dante first if you haven’t already, it has 2 stories entwined in it, one acts as an introduction to Devastation of Baal the other follows Dante as a recruit to the BA from a kid on Baal Secondus to being a captain of the BA. It’ll give you a good feel for the BA and answer most of your questions before Devastation. Plus it’s a bloody good novel in it’s own right, it’s the novel I’d give to anyone interested in Blood Angels.

I'm really intrigued by them, its like we had our own wulfen and I didnt know about them. They sound like red Hulks with fangs and claws.

Personally, that's what I don't like about them. There's already so many similarities between SW and BA:

• "flaws" (or are they...) in the gene code. The only other geneseed that we know is aberrant at that level is the Raven Guard, where it tends to turn their skin pale...but that kind of pales (hah!) in comparison to turning into a Wulfen or combat monster
  • propensity for melee
  • degenerate versions that hulk out and go extra-berzerker

The Raven Guard geneseed is flawed in that it's pretty broken. They've got a bunch of organs that don't work correctly, and it's heavily degraded. Some fluff mentions that they routinely have to draw on the Terran/Martian geneseed stocks to maintain working levels of geneseed themselves. They don't really get any "upsides" like the Blood Angels and Space Wolves, they just get Geneseed Lite.

Then again, there were also the Raven Guard "weregeld" during the Heresy, so even they had a wulfen-equivalent

Archived