Blood Angels Terminator Ancient

necroscope

I was going to make one of them for fun but I have a question about the data sheet.  It says "A terminator ancient is a single model armed with a lightning claw".  Am I to take that as the model can only have a single lightning claw?  That just seems strange to me.   Why would you want that?  I guess the idea is that he is holding a banner with the other hand but it seems odd.  

Looking at the Terminator assault squad rules it specifies that they have TWO lightning claws, so I guess the Ancient just having one really is the intent here?  Just wondered how other people interpret and play this, thanks.   

And the Ancient is not part of the squad now, so rules describing Terminator assault squad does not concern him.

Curiously, the Sanguinary Ancient is still armed with the angelus boltgun (in addition to the CC weapon option) and can replace it with inferno pistol or plasma pistol. Though I'm afraid that the only reason for this is the fact, that Sanguinary Guards have shooting weapons modelled in way that they do not need to be held in hand. 

I was going to make one of them for fun but I have a question about the data sheet.  It says "A terminator ancient is a single model armed with a lightning claw".  Am I to take that as the model can only have a single lightning claw?  That just seems strange to me.   Why would you want that?  I guess the idea is that he is holding a banner with the other hand but it seems odd.  

Looking at the Terminator assault squad rules it specifies that they have TWO lightning claws, so I guess the Ancient just having one really is the intent here?  Just wondered how other people interpret and play this, thanks.   

There's nothing to interpret; you follow the rules on the Datasheet, which specify one Lightning Claw. He's holding the banner with the other hand.

The Terminator Assault Squad rules are irrelevant, because the Ancient is not part of that squad.

Thanks for the answers.  I get that he is a single model I just mentioned the assault squad because they have claws.  One claw seems bizarre to me so I'll probably just build something else.  I was hoping it was some sort of misprint and I could mount the banner on his back or something.  

Archived