Moving near enemy models

I_Heart_69

Pg. 177 of the BRB (movement phase) states that ‘When you move a model in the movement phase, it may not be moved within 1” of enemy models.’ Also, pg 182 (charge phase) says that ‘No models in the charging unit can move within 1” of an enemy unit that was not the target of its charge.’

Do these apply to the whole path of the movement, or just where models end their moves? I.e can I scoot by within 1” of enemy models as long as I don’t end my move there?

Thanks for your help.

I agree with Harrowmaster.

An exception would be units falling back from combat - given that they start within 1" of enemy units, part of their movement is pretty much guaranteed to be within 1" of an enemy model.  So, the only way for fallback to work is if you ignore the unit(s) the falling back unit is in combat with for determining the "not within 1" of enemies" movement rule.

After looking it up, I would have to agree as well. Especially if you compare the wording under "Enemy Models" and under "Falling Back". The first says you cannot move within 1" of an enemy unit. For falling back, it specifies that you must end your movement 1" away from enemy units. 

I agree with Harrowmaster.

An exception would be units falling back from combat - given that they start within 1" of enemy units, part of their movement is pretty much guaranteed to be within 1" of an enemy model.  So, the only way for fallback to work is if you ignore the unit(s) the falling back unit is in combat with for determining the "not within 1" of enemies" movement rule.

How does surrounding and thus destroying the unit work then?

Thank you everyone for helping me to clarify that.

How does surrounding and thus destroying the unit work then?

Quixus, this sounds like pre-8th edition morale/falling back rules. What are you referring to?

Archived