HH 52: Heralds of the Siege

some people don't buy the shorts though and prefer these anthologies

every story, every format, eventually and all that

Hence why i said they should reward the people who DO buy every story in every format. I have no issues with anthologies, lots of issues with how they chose to number the HH series, but this is neither the time or place. 

But a 10% off if you have x% of the stories bought as shorts or audios would be nice. Kinda like how some games will give you a discount if you own the first one?

For example, Eristede Kell, for all we knew, died or escaped at the end of Nemesis. If it wasn't for one short story, where he swears allegiance to Horus Lupercal, we'd be pretty puzzled why the guy is suddenly after Euphrati Keeler and comes to blows with Nathaniel Garro. Or we'd be missing out on most of the Thramas Crusade. Little Horus would still be wearing his face properly, Barabas Dantioch would be a surprise guest in the Imperium Secundus arc instead of somebody we'd have seen introduced in Age of Darkness, alongside other Imperium Secundus set-up stories. We wouldn't have seen Corax escape from Isstvan V, seen the Painted Count introduced prior to Pharos, in a story that made the situation of the Night Lords clearer than anything has in a dozen books before then.

And that's not even touching on the novellas.

As big a deal as those are, the real big one would be Loken showing up in Vengeful Spirit going, "Surprise!  I'm actually alive!"

Seriously how does Malcador not burn Dorn's head? That is a serious flame.

Dorn is made of stone, of course. Stone doesn't burn

Holy crap....I thought that was like a big blazer on the fortress wall in the background...that thing's on his STAFF?

Dude is real popular when he brings a box of graham crackers, some marshmellows, and a bar of chocolate, though...

• 3 weeks later...

Details on BL website, released end of October.

Contains:

Dark Compliance & Now Peals Midnight by John French
The Painted Count & Duty Waits by Guy Haley
Dreams of Unity by Nick Kyme
Children of Sicarius by Anthony Reynolds
Myriad & The Ember Wolves by Rob Sanders
Exocytosis by James Swallow
The Grey Raven, Valerius & The Board is Set by Gav Thorpe
Blackshield, The Last Son of Prospero, The Soul, Severed & Magisterium by Chris Wraight

• 5 months later...

I assume they're gonna put "Restorer" in a Siege of Terra book, yeah, since that's more what it's about. It's even possible that it could be incorporated into a Chris Wraight book, the way James Swallow turned the Garro stories into a fixup novel.

Archived