FW Valdor Gold?

Vogon

I’m after a bit of advice, some time ago on a whim I bought a pot of Valdor Gold but I’ve not used it so far.

Any advice on what works well with it for shades and highlights?

I’m planning on using it mostly for trim and decorative bits rather than whole models

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Vogon

The only experience I have with is was a rather small amount when painting dorn and even then only really shaded it with Druchii Violet and Nuln Oil Gloss :\

It is a rather silvery-gold so highlighting it with a bright silver (like Stormhost Silver from GW) should do just fine and I'm partial to using purple/violet washes on golds myself.

image.jpg

The only other gold I used alongside it was Thallax Gold which is much more vibrant and orange-y.

The only things I recall about the paint is that it separated really easily and it a pain to mix again. My pot produces a lot of bubbles when shaken and doesn't mix well. I think stirring is the best way to get a decent consistancy. Perhaps my pot is a dodgy paint but I guess I'll never find out since they sadly discontinued the paints. I hope they roll some of them into the standard GW range eventually.

Thanks to both of you.

I guess the best thing to do is just give it a try. I’ll make sure the I give it a stir as it goes look like it has separated out quite badly.

I’ll post some pictures of my trials.

Cheers

Vogon

@Vogon, looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I had some trouble with that shade.

@Flame Boy, FW still have some Valor gold left. I just added it to my cart to make sure. Actually, they have a dozen or so colors left.

Archived