Black Legion: The Everchosen

In AoS we have a hyper elite black legion esque faction under their version of Abbadon, with each unit being a unit of essentially chaos lords. This got me thinking about the rumored new Abby model with new black legion terminators and chosen. If these rumors are true, could we be looking at Abby returning with a new micro faction inside the Black Legion, something like his chosen warriors, elite of the elite chaos lords?

I doubt it.

AoS was really created with the idea of having 264131163 mini-factions. As the years have gone on however, it's quickly become apparent that people really disliked this and as new armies have come out, they've been put out as quite large and complete forces (compare the number of Fyreslayer models, to Kharadrons, to Nighthaunt). The existing Death range was recently consolidated almost entirely under Legions of Nagash for another example. Everchosen and Slaves to Darkness will probably see similar treatment going forward.

I could see there being some kind of special unit for The Chosen of Abbadon though. They pretty much fulfil the same job as Archaon's (*Eyeroll*) 'Varanguard' of being his most powerful Chaos Lords, each leaning towards a particularly Chaos God.

Fluff wise there's a lot to work with, of course it would be good to get new termies and chosen but i think with the focus on individual gods and rumours of Slaanesh Abby might be the only new revamped model that isn't cult specific. There's always new formations though, for whatever that's worth...

You mean the Bringers of Despair? The terminators (some former Justarian) are known as this. They report solely to Abaddon and are the elite of the BL.

Pretty sure Abaddon also doesn't need a retinue of Lords, not when he starts chaining attacks and letting out 14 attacks that kill most things on 2+ and 3+.....

;)

BCC

I think we've seen everything GW has in store for 8th ed vanilla CSMs, apart from new models. Besides, I can't see how they'd make a super-elite Black Legion army work in the lore. The Warmaster has a noteworthy retinue in the Bringers of Despair and a couple of important chaos lords in the Chosen of Abaddon, but shoehorning in a whole special army seems a bit questionable.

With the everchosen, at least for now, its just Archaon, his varangaurd, and a rando gaunt summoner. Then you can sprinkle other chaos in to fill the weak spots. But yeah, Bringers of Despair would be good, just super elite high wound special armor and ability terminators that act as Abbys retinue.

Archived