Any competitive ideas on how to use the Terrax Drill?

Zond

I love Thunderbirds so Astartes having a Mole is incredibly fun. I'm definitely buying one for fun but does anyone think it could have some competitive uses with anything in the codex?

Honestly, the drill is already good on its own for the points. 1d3 Melta shots plus two Stormbolter/Heavy Flamer/Twin Volkite Charger plus 6 S14 AP-4 D3 attacks at WS4+ that do a bunch of additional mortal wounds to big models and it can deep strike for just above 130 points? And it's also fairly durable with T8 W10 Sv3+? Sign me up lol

Anything you put into it is just a bonus. Kinda like the Stormraven. Veterans with Stormbolter for super chaff clearing sounds like the best use since they're cheap-ish and do good work tho.

It's cheaper than a dreadnought and better in so many ways, that I can't imagine not using it. Even just as a replacement for Ironclad Dreadnoughts. Having a stormbolter vet Squad popping out to deal with the chaff that would normally bog down something like this in melee is icing on the cake

Archived