Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

High Marshal Sigismund in 8th edition

Black Templars Sigismund

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

AHorriblePerson

AHorriblePerson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 58 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion
I created a unit profile for Sigismund, thought some people might be interested in seeing it.

High Marshal Sigismund

Thoughts?

• HCMistborn likes this

gallery_108437_14773_852.jpg

TURBULENCE

TURBULENCE

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 542 posts
I'll bite, seeing as I'm still bitter that no one bothered to reply to my own character post. Looks pretty reasonable all around, but I would maybe shy away from auto pass for morale. Making morale pointless was one of the worst points of last edition in my personal opinion. Maybe a roll extra pick the lowest or a strait reroll would be better.

But beyond that I'd be happy to play against that.
  • AHorriblePerson likes this

HCMistborn

HCMistborn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,079 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Knights
I agree, maybe a re-roll would be better. It looks good otherwise, he seems like a beast which fits him.

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 529 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I may be getting the timing wrong, but doesn't Sigismund carry the Sword of the High Marshals and not the Black Sword after the creation of the Black Templars?

gallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

AHorriblePerson

AHorriblePerson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 58 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

I'll bite, seeing as I'm still bitter that no one bothered to reply to my own character post. Looks pretty reasonable all around, but I would maybe shy away from auto pass for morale. Making morale pointless was one of the worst points of last edition in my personal opinion. Maybe a roll extra pick the lowest or a strait reroll would be better.

But beyond that I'd be happy to play against that.

I agree, maybe a re-roll would be better. It looks good otherwise, he seems like a beast which fits him.

You two have a point, yeah. Considering that ATSKNF gives marines a free reroll anyway, I think I'll just go with a +1 to leadership within 6" and perhaps make him five points cheaper.
Good to know that he's otherwise considered balanced!

I may be getting the timing wrong, but doesn't Sigismund carry the Sword of the High Marshals and not the Black Sword after the creation of the Black Templars?

Indeed, you're correct. However, I've created this profile to represent Siggy during the First Black Crusade, when he took up the original Black Sword once more to fight Abaddon for the last time. Another thing to consider is that giving him two swords just doesn't make sense for a balanced game (at least in my opinion), so it's better to just fit him out with the weapon that is most often associated with him.

Edited by AHorriblePerson, 21 June 2018 - 11:01 PM.

gallery_108437_14773_852.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Black Templars, Sigismund

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users