Gmndk how do you run them and how many do you take?

Matt_149

Pretty much as the topic states. How are people getting on with them and how many are people running? Anyone tried more than three? How successful were they? On a side note anyone played at 1750 pts?

I have looked at them and have been considering running them in pairs one with psilencer and psycannon and one with psilencer only. The most difficult thing I have found as a GK player is dealing with vehicles/multi wound models at range.

I believe playing two is common. More than two and you will struggle even more than you already do in objective based games and GMNDK won't table your opponent, don't believe that for even one second.

No more that two. Sometimes one (it depends by the points). And with the same equipment. Sword, Psylencer, Psycannon. The only differences are teleported only to one (with sanctuary) and gate to the other. 

That's pretty much what I was thinking cool thanks danarc.

Although.... I can get gmndk with psilencer and psycannon + sword, gmndk with psilencer + sword, 3 X 5 man strikes with falchions and psilencer. That battalion twice would give 13 cp and comes in at 1682 PTS. A stormraven makes it 2k.

Don't forget the rule of 3 though for your HQ's.

Rule of 3 isn't a rule, it's a suggested tournament guideline. You can ignore it unless a tournament chooses to enforce it.

True enough. I just came off an ITC event where that stuff seems to get adopted quickly.

Yeah turns out my local gaming group are keen on that rule too lol. Drop one for draigo and give the strike teams rerolls I guess. But anyway....back to the topic title :) how are people finding them and the most efficient builds? Do people run plain dk?

I run 1 with Heed and Sanctuary at all times. Taking 2 just means the second one becomes primary target and blown off the board, giving the opponent the same kill efficiency. Forcing their hand against a single 2++ target allows a huge amount of firepower to be ignored

Would 2 at 3++ be better than one at 2++? If you have one what do you run with it? I take it it's not your warlord?

I find 3++ fairly unreliable to a dedicated anti-tank barrage. I run it Psycannon and Psilencer, and usually the sword.

I also usually do make it my warlord! It gives my opponent greater incentive to shoot it, and provides a larger FTTF footprint. A warlord GMNDK with 2++ can easily provoke and handle (with the reroll) and entire armies worth of shooting for at LEAST one round.

Archived