What's your most satisfying painting/modelling moment

Now that pose is freaking impressive!

Many thanks! :biggrin.:

It's actually mostly vanilla Reiver bits, plus a Chaos Warrior head tilted slightly backward - it's easier to achieve the 'looking upward' effect with those hats since their neck joints are different from the Primaris ones. :happy.:

In short - very easy to replicate. :laugh.:

Hmm you tempt me to buy the Reiver set... I wanna replicate this pose for my Legio rendition of you. Still gotta hunt for an appropriate Chaos hat too. :D

Cambrius

My most satisfying painting experience is generally that moment when it all comes together and stops being a mess.

You've went through the varies stages thinking 'what have I done, what have I done' then bam! Ah, that looks good!

More specifically, I think it was when I completed the base of my large scale Abaddon figure from years ago (which I'm still working on BTW! I know, I'm a slow painter!)

It was expensive, never done one this size, and didn't want to ruin it. But when I finally got to the point where it looked like I wanted it to, I was happy. Happy days! :happy.:

Last month I was working on converting a Primaris Intercessor to a Lone Wolf/WGPL. I have only used green stuff a dozen times and I swore I had it perfect, the shoulder, shield, frost sword, all of it.

Woke up next morning to find it fell from 5 feet up and shattered. Fell into such a drag that I only just started building my DG again. It was just so perfect with a magnetized head!

Was painting up some [models] for [not 40K]. Everything's perfect - all that's left to do is the eyes. Put the pupils on one model and realize :censored:, they're off center. In frustration, set the model aside, go get a drink from the kitchen, come back to correct the problem. Pick up the model, pick up my brush...and stop as my eyes go wide.

Pupils are off center, yes, but taking another look at the pose of the model, that makes it ominous.

He's running forward, fists out, looking for something to pound, when he catches sight of something off to his left, and with a snarl, begins to turn.

A mistake made the model perfect (or as perfect as my limited skills can accomplish).

Painting the tribal markings on White Scars devastators. White Scars were soooo far out of my comfort zone, and they turned out so well. It was immensely satisfying. I wanted to paint more! And still do.

I had not painted a miniature in years. Just recently finished painting my captain for my Flesh Tearers. I'm a horrible painter now. But it was a great experience to finish a model finally. ^_^

Mine would be painting the FW Angron, and having it displayed in the case at my local GW. Unfortunately some git pilfered it. The manager replaced it, but in the meantime my eye sight went to :cuss and I'll never painting as well as I used to.

Oh, and my Landraider Leviathon, when the old, OLD, VDRs came out, I bought 2x Landraider, and glued them together side-by-side leaving off the middle tracks, designed it as a Titan killer, it was it's own 1,500pt army.

Archived