Mixing with CSM

CornishMike

Has anyone had any success mixing TSons with CSM? I’m thinking of black company for myself...

Using raptors to give some much needed speed as I don’t want to play with goats right now, and some bolter marines on DZ objectives

I have not tried it myself but I think an Iron Warriors Lord with JP and Fleshmetal Exoskeleton and three Obliterators units would give us a bit of needed anti tank (and more deep strike options), Replace the Lord with a DP if you have the points.

As objective sitters I think CSM are too expensive. Cultists could do a similar job and do not require a separate detachment.

With the recent change to deep strike, I’ve dropped my idea of a raptor detachment. I’m still considering an obliterator detachment, but have no idea where I’m going to find the points. Unless you’re playing with cultists and goats, points are at a premium in this codex.

Think about using the whole happy dysfunctional family:

Daemon Battalion: Horrors

1k Sons Battalion: Sorcerers and rubrics etc.

CSM Spearhead: Obliterators

All possible in 2000 pts.

Raptors just aren't that great, and the new deep strike rule removes one the advantage that Warp Talons had. But I guess you do't want to use Goat Shamans/Enlightened/Skyfires, so you don't have much choice but to go CSM.  Maybe look at the bikers as well.

Enlighted a daemon prince or even magnus are way better for speed. Basically anything thats already fast + warptime.

If youre looking at CSM best speed now is probably vanguarding alpha legion units

Things that deep strike (i.e. raptors) can be oddly slower post faq than things that start on the board

Archived