I've begun working on my first Imperial knight! He will be fighting alongside my Primaris Astral Claws.  Still need to decide on a good name and color scheme for the Knight, but the pilot is named Orion.

piBPDpe.jpg?1

For this model, I wanted to do a few fun conversions for it. I wanted to have a unique model I could use to run Sir Hekthur's Canis Rex knight rules with. The regular thunderstrike gauntlet was cool, but I wanted something special, so I added the claws to the fingers. I'll be adding some more detail to the back of the blades, perhaps with some power cells or cables or some such thing. The claws are from the Mk IV Space Marine Combat blades. They just so happened to be the perfect size!

camQvY7.jpg?2

Before anyone worries, I haven't glued the face plate. I'll be painting them separately before I glue it together. The meltagun is also separate, so I can switch it out with the Stubber.

Thoughts?

Is it going to be a Free Blade or House/Mechanicus?

I think I'm probably going to go with a Freeblade, but I'm not quite sure what color scheme to do for it. Any suggestions?

I may have to rip off those claws for the fist on my second knight, if I don't decide to strait out replace them. I have a lot of those blades. Looking for so far.

As far as colour goes I'd say try to have it be similar to the astral claws and either expand the palate for personal heraldry or cut one colour out to help separate it from them. I.e. silver and blue, gold and silver, etc.

Made some progress on the legs yesterday. Using parts of Defiler legs, I added an extra segment to give it the triple jointed look.

ufmI5NJ.jpg?1

This cultist is having a bad day

SxgZB7E.jpg?1

Is it going to be a Free Blade or House/Mechanicus?

I think I'm probably going to go with a Freeblade, but I'm not quite sure what color scheme to do for it. Any suggestions?

The Astral Claws are blue and silver, the complimentary colours of which are orange and silver. 

Making progress finally!

here is the Soul Claw, a powerful Knight Claw equipped with a field generator

YWo7eC8.jpg?1

I've built his Archaeotech Spear

Xp751tp.jpg?1

Customizing his helmet

50rAZQk.jpg?1

His right shoulder is covered in trophies and purity seals he is collecting to prove his redemption.

wDs9YuE.jpg?1

Coming together bit by bit

uq8b86D.jpg?1

Ooooh I'm 75% I'm stealing the claw idea, and I'm now debating whether to steal your leg idea instead of just outright using a defiler for the bottom. Excellent, excellent conversion ideas.

I'm so flattered that you guys all like the claw so much! I'm pretty pleased with it myself. 

I apologize for the picture quality, I hope to get some better picutres soon, but I was able to do a quick piece together, just setting the bits in place before I separate them to paint. But here's kinda what it will look like finished!

TE8cZbj.jpg?1

sCOLYG0.jpg?1

kx0BdWw.jpg?1

Archived