Advice for daemon prince conversion

Hi All

I've just picked up one of these cheap and plan on converting it to daemon prince of nurgle.

http://www.manticgames.com/ImageCache/Products/5610.1.1000.1000.FFFFFF.0.jpeg

Its from Mantic games deadzone/warpath range.

What I want to do is change it up a bit to give it a 40k look as well as add some wings.

I've been looking at the monstrous wings from Kromlech but I was thinking of more fly based with it being nurgle but can't find any.

So any advice on where I could get some fly wings or make them would be appreciated or even other cool wings. I'm UK based so that limits places to get stuff.

Not sure about what you have in mind for the wings, but the core model needs little more than some careful reposing (boiling water is your friend here) and some added horns - add a suitable paint job, and you're done!

A chap I knew from some time ago called Maxxev had such a conversion featured on his blog here, and I think it looked surprisingly successful for such small tweaks.

If you're willing to consider non-GW sources of wings, I know for a fact that Reaper Miniatures do a couple of sets of bat-like wings in various sizes that might suit if that's the sort of style you're after.

Plague drones from the regular daemon range are what most people use.

Yea they are one of the wing sets I was looking at but can't find any in stock at the bit shops I've looked at and the ones I have found are asking ridicules prices :verymad:

Not sure about what you have in mind for the wings, but the core model needs little more than some careful reposing (boiling water is your friend here) and some added horns - add a suitable paint job, and you're done!

A chap I knew from some time ago called Maxxev had such a conversion featured on his blog here, and I think it looked surprisingly successful for such small tweaks.

If you're willing to consider non-GW sources of wings, I know for a fact that Reaper Miniatures do a couple of sets of bat-like wings in various sizes that might suit if that's the sort of style you're after.

I'll have to try the boiling water to give it a more dynamic look.

Archived