Hidden Content

1435413614.jpg

Wow, that bare / no hat head! :wub: I want to start a IXth Legion army just to turn it into a Blood Angels techmarine...

Based on their other human sized sculpts that head would, unfortunately, be comically small on even a regular power armoured space marine.

For anyone who has ordered from Artel to the UK, what's shipping and fees like? Don't really want to have to deal with Import Taxes and Royal Mail's handling fees if I can avoid it!

Based on their other human sized sculpts that head would, unfortunately, be comically small on even a regular power armoured space marine.

That is quite the disappointment, alas. Oh well, saves me some dollars I guess

For anyone who has ordered from Artel to the UK, what's shipping and fees like? Don't really want to have to deal with Import Taxes and Royal Mail's handling fees if I can avoid it!

I've made an order but not received it yet. Shipping was $9 IIRC. The last time I ordered miniatures from a Russian manufacturer (SoB alternative sculpts) they took absolutely ages to arrive though as they got sent off for inspection at some customs place in NI. I don't know if that is routine or if models look like bullets on xray but be prepared for long delivery times.

Edited by Red_Shift

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In May I decided to give Artel W a go.

The models are about the same price as the GW ones and I think I paid 9 Euro for standard delivery, but they let me know it could take a month to arrive.

I am normally not into 3rd party stuff, but these just looked nice.

I nearly had forgotten about it, but today, 6 weeks later, these guys arrived. In an awesome little package with a nice red wax seal.

Now if that was not a nice touch, I do not know what is.

:D

Anyways, I got them out and I am amazed at the quality. They look really nice. And the size also fits kind of my the rest of my collection.

I think it was definitely worth the wait!

:D

artel3.jpg

Artel2.jpg

The models are about the same price as the GW ones and I think I paid 9 Euro for standard delivery, but they let me know it could take a month to arrive.

I nearly had forgotten about it, but today, 6 weeks later, these guys arrived. In an awesome little package with a nice red wax seal.

:biggrin.:

Anyways, I got them out and I am amazed at the quality. They look really nice. And the size also fits kind of my the rest of my collection.

artel3.jpg

Artel2.jpg

would be nice to see the naked marine by an actual marine! please!

would be nice to see the naked marine by an actual marine! please!

Your wish is my command. :p

Here is the naked marine next to my converted Primaris Incessor.

Apart from the amount of muscle around the midriff this could actual work size wise. However, I think the increased muscle fits the background more and is also realistic.

Size-comparison.jpg

I've been wanting to get Artels' W 'crimson Legion' so badly (the Blood Pact guys), as I think they're the ONLY 3rd party minis that don't goof it up in someway that's minor (but usually sets the whole model off for me), but they're so damn pricey. 65 USD for *five* resin models, that are chaff? I could stomach 40...

Re; new releases. That voidborn dark eldar looks SOOO good. Exceptional, once again AW shows more love to xenos in the span of a month than GW has in a year. :P

Usually love Artel but that Marine . . . to thick in the waste and thighs to fit even Primaris armor

Yeah, my point.

Which shows how unrealistic GW models are.

My guess would be the design by Artel W would be exactly how an enhanced warrior would look like.

Because, all these additional organs and muscles have to fit in there somehow.

Usually love Artel but that Marine . . . to thick in the waste and thighs to fit even Primaris armor

So the problem is the armor-less marine that has a biologically sound shape, rather than the armour in which he can’t fit?

Right...

I do love the unarmoured marine, he's very cool, but  to be fair,

most art of unarmoured marines have had narrower waists and whilst they do have broad shoulders, they aren't usually as broad as the artel model

- thinking old stuff like the blood quest comics:

Warhammer_06b281_5822162.jpg

and more recent art like this guy:

EAGDZUvXsAE3jg2.jpg

he's still clearly huge compared to the humans around him of course, but his shoulders don't look so broad set as the Artel model.

similar thoughts around the official scout art:

DA_Scouts.jpg

even this art the marine looks to have quite a small waist

tumblr_muha6ohwiN1rue4a1o1_500.jpg

Edited by Blindhamster