I do love the unarmoured marine, he's very cool, but  to be fair,

most art of unarmoured marines have had narrower waists and whilst they do have broad shoulders, they aren't usually as broad as the artel model

- thinking old stuff like the blood quest comics:

Warhammer_06b281_5822162.jpg

and more recent art like this guy:

EAGDZUvXsAE3jg2.jpg

he's still clearly huge compared to the humans around him of course, but his shoulders don't look so broad set as the Artel model.

similar thoughts around the official scout art:

DA_Scouts.jpg

even this art the marine looks to have quite a small waist

tumblr_muha6ohwiN1rue4a1o1_500.jpg

The bloodquest image isn't loading.

And I think it's because Artel forgot that the Marine still needs to get into the suit :laugh.:

Realistically, how I'd imagine an Astartes' build out of armour is a Strongman/Bodybuilder, but the height of a Basketball player.

Actually, most likely they'd have a build like Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson (aka: Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane)

EXRqF02UcAAisom.jpg

No, we`re not forgot about armour :)

This miniature was a try to make enhanced posthuman soldier with realistic proportions - how he should look, boi-wise. You can`t make 2.5-3 metres of hypermusculed human on narrow waist - there should be solid base foe all that body weight and center of masses dhould in the right place if you want him to be battle compatible. 

Art is in the eye of the beholder so if that is your vision of the transhuman then be true to it.

I do think it places too much emphasis on the strength of the transhuman, which to be fair isn't an uncommon phenomenon, but is missing the biological structure needed for the speed and athleticism that makes them the perfect super-soldiers they're suppose to be. Strength is actually the least important feature of our super-soldier. His speed, reflexes and endurance are much more important in making him the Emperor's finest warrior.

Edited by Dracos

Art is in the eye of the beholder so if that is your vision of the transhuman then be true to it.

I do think it places too much emphasis on the strength of the transhuman, which to be fair isn't an uncommon phenomenon, but is missing the biological structure needed for the speed and athleticism that makes them the perfect super-soldiers they're suppose to be. Strength is actually the least important feature of our super-soldier. His speed, reflexes and endurance are much more important in making him the Emperor's finest warrior.

Especially when they all are wearing power armour that also enhances the strength of the wearer.

I guess one thing to remember is they aren't all going to look the same under that armour - they will be different heights, proportions and body shapes, just as there is no ideal or naturally correct human shape - but rather ideals and many variations.

Some marines will have a thick waist, others won't, while still being very fit :)

No, we`re not forgot about armour :smile.:

This miniature was a try to make enhanced posthuman soldier with realistic proportions - how he should look, boi-wise. You can`t make 2.5-3 metres of hypermusculed human on narrow waist - there should be solid base foe all that body weight and center of masses dhould in the right place if you want him to be battle compatible. 

Thanks for the explanation, and as others have said, if its your vision, thats totally cool!

To me proportions more like Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson would likely have felt "better", narrower waist without being skinny. The model does look awesome still - it would be very cool to see you sculpt a bodyglove over it and have that be another model then a third with armour over the bodyglove!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really digging the trend of models that can be done as loyalist or chaotic with just a couple of bits changed. I do wish the assassin's base used something more neutral rather than bodies, but many people aren't bothered by that, and it's well composed and well sculpted regardless.

• 3 weeks later...

New stuff

1622897505.jpg

1622910253.jpg

1622869549.jpg

1622882197.jpg

1622891289.jpg

1622877708.jpg

I'm really digging the trend of models that can be done as loyalist or chaotic with just a couple of bits changed. I do wish the assassin's base used something more neutral rather than bodies, but many people aren't bothered by that, and it's well composed and well sculpted regardless.

Looks like they might have read your comment, the bodies for these have an alt option.

Edited by sockwithaticket

Lets have them hold an apple, that´ll make them look more like an (insert cinemasins refference here)

Some of the 'Past and Future Heroes' figures seem to be based on fairy tale figures; we've already had Red Riding Hood and Hansel & Gretel. I guess the apple means this is Snow White?

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised they can make those golems. Has GW backed off the litigation train?

IIRC that is one of the things the GW vs Chapterhouse Studios lawsuit clarified. As long as the models aren't copies and the 3rd party manufacturer does not claim they are a certain unit/model name GW copyrighted, they cannot do anything. Being similar but not identical does not make a model a copy.