Cheap Silver Spray UK?

I've just picked up the Underhive boxed set (woo!), and I was hoping a fellow UK frater could direct me to some nice cheap silver spray for the barricades and bulkheads.

Please and thank you!

I use Poundshop grey auto primer, for most of my grey / metallic  scenery , i also buy a white and a black , i give it a good coat of grey as a base  and then i dust with placks and whites for a bit of highlight.... then I finally give it a drybrush with silver poster paint mixed in with some black poster paint  starting dark and then building up the shades to a gunmetal style colour ... its fast cheap and effective.    For some rust doppling ... grab an old sponge  and some orange dapple on .

https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB789GB789&biw=960&bih=525&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=GQApW5fRLuWEgAbRhr3IBw&q=poundland+grey+primer&oq=poundland+grey+primer&gs_l=img.3..0i24k1.2017.2420.0.2595.5.5.0.0.0.0.171.537.3j2.5.0....0...1c.1.64.img..2.2.254....0.wEGhvyEY8pI#imgrc=7usu7-jjb5NGdM:

https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-lets-create-metallic-paint-silver-a75ml/p/0319540

I'm surprised to hear about plastikote being a problem. I've used a few of their colours and not had any problems. The application was too thick for miniatures, but I wouldn't hesitate to use them on scenery.

I gave in in the end and went over to using Vallejo metallics through an airbrush. I know not everyone is willing to buy one, but for base coat only you can go cheap and cheerful and at least you can put a paint through them that you're happy with. It certainly beats the prices GW charges for gold spray. A few tins of that could have paid for my compressor, though I've heard it is actually a good quality product.

Halfords do lovely sprays, certainly, but I have enough non-metallics for now.

They have more metallic sprays than you can shake a stick at. I’d think it wise to use primer first and varnish afterwards with them, though. They form a kind of ‘elastic’ layer that’s quite fragile if not sealed.

Archived