Yarrick as <not> Warlord?

Morning/afternoon/evening all.

Just wanted to see what everyone’s opinion would be on taking Yarrick as a member of a Militarum Tempestus detachment that’s allied to a force of Deathwatch?

I would be using the Watchmaster as Warlord here, so would miss out on Yarricks Master of Command ability, do we feel he’s still worthwhile?

In this instance, I’d be using him to represent either an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor or the Master of my Inquisitor’s forces.

I would say it depends on what/how much you’re taking in terms of the scions. As he’s not your warlord his main attraction is that reroll bubble. However, if you’re only taking one or two units of scions I would say he is not worth it, simply for the fact that for the cost of Yarrick you could take a tempestor prime and a command squad all armed with plasma guns. The prime can give them the reroll one with his order and those guys with plasma will probably contribute more to the battle than Yarrick in a small detachment.

On the other hand, if your scion detachment is quite large I would say he is worth it because a lot more units can benefit from the reroll ability and you can use your orders to reroll wounds instead.

In short, he becomes more worth it as the detachment size gets bigger but I wouldn’t bother if you’re only taking 1 or 2 squads, buy another squad instead. Just my opinion but hope it helps :)

In that case I would say he is worth it, providing you can keep a lot of them in range of his aura. That way you essentially get free rerolls of one to hit and can use your orders to either reroll the wounds or give the hot shot lasguns extra shots with FRFSRF :)

Archived