Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Potential 1500pt List

Blood Angels Flesh Tearers List

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Wargamer101

Wargamer101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

So I am planning a 1500pts list for next army. I am thinking of going for Flesh Tearers, mostly because I think Seth is a complete beast! My issue is the lack of relics available to flesh tearers. I do not have most of these models yet so please feel free to tell me if this list is useless. I fee like I don't have enough horde control.

Battalion Detachment +3CP [Flesh Tearers]

HQ: Captain, thunder hammer, inferno pistol, jump pack [Warlord- Artisan of War]               123 pts

HQ: Librarian, plasma pistol, force axe, jump pack [unleash rage & wings of saguinius]       129 pts

Troops: 5 Scouts w/heavy bolter                                                                                               65 pts

Troops: 5 Scouts w/heavy bolter                                                                                               65 pts

Elites: 10 Death Company w/3x thunder hammers 7x chainsword & boltguns                       248 pts

Fast Attack: 5 Assault Marines w/power sword on sergeant (no jump packs)                          69 pts

Fast Attack: 5 Assault Marines w/power sword on sergeant (no jump packs)                          69 pts

Transport: Razorback w/twin lascannon & storm bolter                                                           122 pts

Transport: Razorback w/twin lascannon & storm bolter                                                           122 pts

Transport: Razorback w/twin lascannon & storm bolter                                                           122 pts

Vanguard Detachment +1 CP [Flesh Tearers]

HQ: Gabriel Seth                                                                                                                      135 pts

HQ: Sanguinary Priest                                                                                                                69 pts

Elites: 2 Company Veterans w/dual chainswords                                                                       32 pts

Elites: 2 Company Veterans w/dual chainswords                                                                       32 pts

Elites: 2 Company Veterans w/dual chainswords                                                                       32 pts

Total 1499 pts 9 CP

The basic plan is:

- DC deploy behind the Razorbacks out of sight to either forlorn fury or make a second turn charge depending on initiative

- Assault Marines, Company Veterans, Seth and Priest all deploy in Razorbacks

- Librarian goes ahead with DC to cast unleash rage using wings of sanguinius to get smite off in the right places consistently

- Scouts provide screening, horde clearance, and use the D3 mortal wounds with heavy bolter stratagem

- Captain Smash ties up any big nasties and takes them out (turn 2), I know he doesn't have a shield but I have a really nice model for him

- Veterans are in 2 man squads to maximise the effect of 'Whirlwind of Gore' also maximising the number of attacks

- Assault Marines & Company Vets are buffed by Seth and Priest, hitting on 3s re-rolling, wounding T4 units on 2s

Edited by Wargamer101, 19 June 2018 - 07:28 PM.

Deathwalker

Deathwalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 378 posts

Maybe swap out 2 of those RB lascannons for either Ass cannons or PlasLas? at least 2 are always gonna be on the move as I assume you are using them to transport the Assault squads yes?

Also, I wonder if Unleash rage for extra attacks is as useful as a chaplain for re-roll misses.

Edited by Deathwalker, 19 June 2018 - 04:45 PM.

• Wargamer101 likes this

Wargamer101

Wargamer101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

Maybe swap out 2 of those RB lascannons for either Ass cannons or PlasLas? at least 2 are always gonna be on the move as I assume you are using them to transport the Assault squads yes?

Also, I wonder if Unleash rage for extra attacks is as useful as a chaplain for re-roll misses.

Yeah I just ran this maths, a Chaplain is better than the Unleash Rage for the DC as that is who I'd primarily be using it on, my only concern is he won't be able to join them until turn 2.

As for the Razorbacks will I have enough anti-tank fire if I lose the lascannons?

Deathwalker

Deathwalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 378 posts

Yeah I just ran this maths, a Chaplain is better than the Unleash Rage for the DC as that is who I'd primarily be using it on, my only concern is he won't be able to join them until turn 2.

As for the Razorbacks will I have enough anti-tank fire if I lose the lascannons?

I take it your plan is to FF the DC up the board?

As for Anti-tank, need to know your local meta. I could say you currently have little anti-horde as well, so that's a decision no one can really help you with.

If you expect knights, 3 razorbacks are not going to get the job done either way. A few tanks, sure, degrade them with the razors, then finish them off with smash and hammers.

If you expect 200 orks or IG, you are going to be out-manuvered cause you can't cut them down fast enough.

What do you play against?

Wargamer101

Wargamer101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

I take it your plan is to FF the DC up the board?

As for Anti-tank, need to know your local meta. I could say you currently have little anti-horde as well, so that's a decision no one can really help you with.

If you expect knights, 3 razorbacks are not going to get the job done either way. A few tanks, sure, degrade them with the razors, then finish them off with smash and hammers.

If you expect 200 orks or IG, you are going to be out-manuvered cause you can't cut them down fast enough.

What do you play against?

Yeah, it is to Forlorn Fury them up the board. Obviously, the Chaplain can't join them on that. I updated my post with the general plan at the bottom. I do have a rather mixed meta, a guards player has a tendency two field 2/3 leman russ and a taurox, a nids player plays lots of big bugs. Other than that there not a lot of 'bigger' targets

Deathwalker

Deathwalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 378 posts

I noticed :P

Also, the list is complete now :D

Hmmm, thinking about it. give me a mo

Deathwalker

Deathwalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 378 posts

Seth has a Jump pack, I see a problem here.

Wargamer101

Wargamer101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

Seth does not have a jump pack.

Deathwalker

Deathwalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 378 posts

Seth does not have a jump pack.

Damn battlescribe……….

Deathwalker

Deathwalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 378 posts

Sorry, got distracted by RL :(

OK, here is my take on it:

1500 pnt army (1364 pnts spent, leftover for customization)

Battalion (Fleshtearers 5CP)

HQ:

Gabriel Seth

Captain Smash

TROOPS:

x1 5 man Scout squad

x2 5 man Tactical Squads

ELITES:

x2 Relic Sicaran Battle Tanks

x2 2 Man Company Veterans

x1 Sanginary Novitate

TRASPORT

x1 Razorback with twin Heavy bolters

Spearhead (Fleshtearers 1 CP)

HQ

Techmarine on bike

HEAVY

x2 Rapier carriers with quad launchers

x1 Whirlwind Hyperios with Hyperios Launcher

Hope you don't mind forge world :P

This list can deal out an obscene amount of wounds, but is tactically flexible enough to be always on the move to deal with VP conditions and still has 144 points to kit out the few squads you have for who you are facing. Even deciding WHO to shoot at should be an issue for your opponent because only the two tanks are worth more than 10% of your army (just), depending on what you are facing, they may not even be the greater threat.

It's a very small army, almost on the level of custodes for model count, but it has a lot of drops (9) so don't count on going first with it. Hide the Whirlwind and the rapiers if you can, deploy the scouts and tac's in cover and try to limit firing to the battle tanks and predator if you can. Supercharge the pred, and move out of cover with the battle tanks with just a move if possible, advance if you need to.

• Wargamer101 likes this

Wargamer101

Wargamer101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

Sorry, got distracted by RL sad.png

OK, here is my take on it:

1500 pnt army (1364 pnts spent, leftover for customization)

Battalion (Fleshtearers 5CP)

HQ:

Gabriel Seth

Captain Smash

TROOPS:

x1 5 man Scout squad

x2 5 man Tactical Squads

ELITES:

x2 Relic Sicaran Battle Tanks

x2 2 Man Company Veterans

x1 Sanginary Novitate

TRASPORT

x1 Razorback with twin Heavy bolters

Spearhead (Fleshtearers 1 CP)

HQ

Techmarine on bike

HEAVY

x2 Rapier carriers with quad launchers

x1 Whirlwind Hyperios with Hyperios Launcher

Hope you don't mind forge world tongue.png

This list can deal out an obscene amount of wounds, but is tactically flexible enough to be always on the move to deal with VP conditions and still has 144 points to kit out the few squads you have for who you are facing. Even deciding WHO to shoot at should be an issue for your opponent because only the two tanks are worth more than 10% of your army (just), depending on what you are facing, they may not even be the greater threat.

It's a very small army, almost on the level of custodes for model count, but it has a lot of drops (9) so don't count on going first with it. Hide the Whirlwind and the rapiers if you can, deploy the scouts and tac's in cover and try to limit firing to the battle tanks and predator if you can. Supercharge the pred, and move out of cover with the battle tanks with just a move if possible, advance if you need to.

Thanks for the advice, I personally love FW especially the vehicles (the Sicaran even more so)

Just want to check you are replying to the right list because the list is incredibly different?

Deathwalker

Deathwalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 378 posts

Yeah, but I was considering that you said you have not bought many of the models as yet, and yes it is a radically different force.

For something more like what you originally posted though:

Battalion:

Cap smash TH/SS/JP

Gabriel Seth

1 5 man Scouts

2 5 man tacs

2 5 man Assault squads sarge's with x2 CS and melta bombs

2 Lasplas Razorbacks

Vanguard

Vanilla Chaplain

Vanilla Librarian

2 2 man Veterans

1 5 man DC

1 Sicaran Battletank

1 Termite Assault drill

1407 points, so you have 93 points to customise.

6 drops in total and a high enough PL to allow you to dump Seth, the librarian, the Chaplain DC and Veterans all in the drill if you want to. 

• Wargamer101 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blood Angels, Flesh Tearers, List

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users