Electro priests

Greetings All,

I'm just starting out building an AdMech army and after pouring over the codex I'm torn between the 2 electro priests to add into the army. I don't play tournaments and only have a few players in our small town so playing for a good game and chat most of the time

Any suggestions which are the most fun to run.

Can't offer a lot of advice on them as I haven't used either yet.  I have 10 Fulgurite electropriests I'm going to be assembling, as I saw them used locally and they are quite effective at what they do!  I'll be running Stygies so I can infiltrate them as needed.  

I found this to be a helpful site as well. https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Adeptus_Mechanicus(8E)

Both sets of priests are rather powerful and going Stygies means you'll get them in the opponents face with horrifying efficiency, being 9" away before the first turn begins meaning the maximum charge you'd need to make on a good day is 3.1"!

Normally, I'd advocate the Jazz-hands variety as they dish out so many hits it's crazy, but seeing as you can get them in, the Disco-stick priests deserve a special mention - you can position yourself for an easy kill with a nice blob of them to unlock the 3++ save and act as a proper hard to shift unit in the front line while your shooty units benefit from that sweet -1 to hit.

I like both of them, lately the Jazzhands more than the Rave-Sticks.

Monday 10 Jazzhands managed to strip of 8 wounds from a Redemptor Dread, loosing only 2 of their own in return.

But to be honest, 10 Stick Dudes would have killed it entirely I guess :yes:

So both are amazing, you just need to get them where you want them.

I personally like the Corpiscari ... tesla equivalent 10 points less a unit and they suit my playstyle as metallica but if you buy a box and have some spare rangers / Vanguard around .. which lets face it WE ALL HAVE from all the forgebane / starter sets you can easily convert Some Fulgarites from the spares ... have your cake and eat it too.

Set aside the staff's arms and crown add them to standard Ranger bodies ...  They end up looking like the guy in the back left of this shot.
https://i.imgur.com/Snfe7xA.jpg 

I have had success in running units of 5 a few times, but they are better off in larger units, so 10 or more. This is due to the fact, as noted above, that they really need to get to where they need to go an do not have a ton of survivability if they have to slog their way to a target. 

Special note for Corpuscarii running Mars Dogma.  If you can get them there, the Mars-only Strategem is absolutely brutal with the weight of fire they can bring to bear, though you'll want to run more than 10 bodies to have a chance of getting to grips with decent numbers remaining.

Big fan of the Fulgurites. They win games just on their own.

Their downside was that when going second you can be a bit lost for what to do with them, now we have the Termite thats all taken care of ! 1 Termite and 12 Fulgurites in every list. Run Stygies and if you know your going first deploy both 9" away and charge both in or if going second Priests go in Termite and appear later.

Corpuscarii have their place to and many people do swear by them. Personally ive never really found out how to fit them into my list/plan but by all means give it a try and see how you go. I would stick with 10 min as they do not get the ability of a 3++ so will go down pretty quickly if attacked.

12 jazz hands in a drill Vel?

Sounds cool, add reroll 1 canticle for extra Jazz :wink:

But 10 Infiltrators will do more or less the same I guess?

yea, but do they have a melta drill?

No, the also miss a big freakin drill :yes:

I think both "setups" have a place on the table and the Infiltrators and Jazzhands work more or less the same way, but the drill makes them hard to compare.

But I am sure both will work very efficient with Wraith of Mars.

Special note for Corpuscarii running Mars Dogma. If you can get them there, the Mars-only Strategem is absolutely brutal with the weight of fire they can bring to bear, though you'll want to run more than 10 bodies to have a chance of getting to grips with decent numbers remaining.

Shouting "UNNNNNLIMMMMMIITEEDDDD PPOOOOOOOWWWERRRRRRRR" at your opponent while giving them Jazz hands is mandatory when performing this tactic.

I'd almost forgotten about the crazy Drillbus :P  Fulgurites could definitely get serious benefit from this thing, or 11 Mars Corpuscarii with a Dominus under the Strategem.  Good gravy, that's mean! :O

Even if this is getting into off topic territory, I think infiltrators and kastelans are still the best target for that stratagem. I feel like the drill especially should be getting used for something else, something to make your opponent worry about it and the fact that they have mortal wound robots to worry about, and then mortal wound space uzis that can appear anywhere after turn 1. 

Personally, I'm thinking disco stick priests, hoplites, or 2 squads of vanguard each with 2 plasma calivers. I'm heavily considering the plasma personally, as 8 plasma shots that will be overcharged re-rolling 1s, because you either use your turn of choosing that canticle or you can use a stratagem to change to it, is nothing to scoff at. 

Hm, not sure wether this would be the right topic to ask about this, but... does anyone have any good alternative models for electro priests? Im kind of tempted to get some, but I reeeeeally hate the GW clownshoes design... They just look silly. And yeah, the Empire Flagellants are an option Im considering, but making them suitably scifi might be tough... so any other suggestions would be cool, too. :P

(and sorry if this turns out to be offtopic... <.<)

Flagellants with spare Rangers heads on top seem to work alright - they fit neatly somewhere between daft and Blanchitsu.

I mixed in a box of Electropriests and Flagellants to give ~15 varying priests that don't look quite so egregious (to my eyes) as the normal ones. (See Pi-9-2/Hovid Ecumenacy in my signature.)

Flagellants with spare Rangers heads on top seem to work alright - they fit neatly somewhere between daft and Blanchitsu.

I mixed in a box of Electropriests and Flagellants to give ~15 varying priests that don't look quite so egregious (to my eyes) as the normal ones. (See Pi-9-2/Hovid Ecumenacy in my signature.)

Archived