ierthling

Hey guys - Thinking about how to approach painting / modeling a Daemon Prince of Tzeentch for Thousand Sons. Obviously the easy route would just be to paint him blue and gold, and as of the moment that's what I'm planning on doing. But I'm curious if people have come up with other cool ways to mod / convert the standard DP to fit the TS / Tzeentch aesthetic better. Are there spare bird heads on certain sprues that could be swapped in for the classic daemon head? Bits of egyptian-y flare to spare from exalted sorcerers or rubric marines? I'd love to see pictures of any daemon princes you have worked up for TS - not so much interested in "counts as" models (though there are clearly plenty of awesome options out there), looking for a way to make the DP model itself fit in. Thanks!

It’s standard. I haven’t converted any of my ‘Sons. I had enough of that when I converted ~4K of Tau 10 years ago. I’m too old to wait to paint. :)

There’s some others here with great conversion skills. WarriorFish has good stuff and I love KrautScientist’s work but I’m not sure either has what you’re looking for in this thread.

CMDR_Welles, that's an awesome model! Really convincing conversion.

frightnight, that's good to know about the LoC, I had been thinking of going that route! Do you guys know if the new LoC sprue comes with multiple head options? I'm aiming for Thousand Sons at the moment, but I love the whole Tzeentch line, especially the LoC, so I was thinking of eventually splashing in that direction anyway - might just have to add the LoC to my shopping list a little sooner than expected. :D

frightnight, that's good to know about the LoC, I had been thinking of going that route! Do you guys know if the new LoC sprue comes with multiple head options? I'm aiming for Thousand Sons at the moment, but I love the whole Tzeentch line, especially the LoC, so I was thinking of eventually splashing in that direction anyway - might just have to add the LoC to my shopping list a little sooner than expected. :biggrin.:

Let me be clear: I'm not referring to the current LoC model, I don't have and don't know (for about a week until mine gets here) but I'm guessing they'll be too big. The older ones, though, they're correctly sized for the most part. But yes, the new LoC does have multiple heads, and I'll let you know when I get mine if they work.

frightnight, that's good to know about the LoC, I had been thinking of going that route! Do you guys know if the new LoC sprue comes with multiple head options? I'm aiming for Thousand Sons at the moment, but I love the whole Tzeentch line, especially the LoC, so I was thinking of eventually splashing in that direction anyway - might just have to add the LoC to my shopping list a little sooner than expected. :biggrin.:

The current kit has two head: the single head for regular LoC, and the twin head for Kairos.

I saw a Demon prince conversion using this head and it looks awesome. I'll try to find the link. That's my plan for my second daemon price actually :smile.:

Edit: found the link here

I just finished assembling mine this weekend :

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkX2hjJD0eM/?taken-by=painting_in_hk

Nice work! The whole bunch look really great - I love the TS head peaking up out of the tank! And thanks for the LoC tip too - I may go that route eventually, seems like a very cool approach.

I like have crew tanks :smile.: it give some personnality to the tanks otherwise they just look like big metal box :smile.:

Another option for the head is the Moon head for Tzeentch Chariot. I used the eagly face from same kit, bought them for a few $ on hoardbit

Great start. Which wings did you use? Can I get a picture of the conection between the wings and the torso, please?

The wings are from the Great Eagles kit, from the Lord of the ring product line. The kit has 2 paiers of wings so you can cater for 2 DPs :) 

I had to manually dig into the plastic of the DP's back to make sure the wings fit in there and that there is enough surface for the glue to be solid. The wings are pretty big so they need to be glued hard. I tried to magnetize first but the magnet was not strong enough compared to the wing size. So I glued :)

I'll add a picture when I'm back home

Great start. Which wings did you use? Can I get a picture of the conection between the wings and the torso, please?

The wings are from the Great Eagles kit, from the Lord of the ring product line. The kit has 2 paiers of wings so you can cater for 2 DPs :smile.:

I had to manually dig into the plastic of the DP's back to make sure the wings fit in there and that there is enough surface for the glue to be solid. The wings are pretty big so they need to be glued hard. I tried to magnetize first but the magnet was not strong enough compared to the wing size. So I glued :smile.:

I'll add a picture when I'm back home

I created an album here

I trim the base of the wings so their width decrease when meeting the back. Otherwise it looks weird.And there are a few gap left to fill with green stuff.

Now that I have my LoC, I can confirm that:

- It comes with 5 variant heads (two of which are for Kairos but who cares) and four tongues, so if that matters to you there you go

- The heads are just slightly too large to be just fitted onto the neck stump of a Prince, IMO, however if you rigged up a longer neck I think it would work fine. I'll try to take some pics soon for size comparison.

Archived