Using a Death Shroud model as Typhus

ZONKEY

Hi,

I want to return to my death guard after their new lease of life or living impairedness, I was just pondering could I use one of the new brilliant death shroud model as Typhus as im not a great fan of the new model, are the models the similar enough in stature for me to count a Death Shroud model as Typhus?

Many Thanks for any help,

Zonkey

If your opponent agree, that is OK. They both wear Cataphractii armour, but GW supplies "official" Typhus kit with a 50mm base. Never know why there is such difference.

It´s basically same as why normal marines got upped into 32MM bases. Becasue you get "less of them" in same close combat.

The real reason is because it looks better. That's all GW cares for with such things. There're also no rules that tell you what base size to use for any of your models so technically nobody could complain if you were to use a 20mm base even as silly as that would look. :D

The real reason is because it looks better. That's all GW cares for with such things. There're also no rules that tell you what base size to use for any of your models so technically nobody could complain if you were to use a 20mm base even as silly as that would look. :D

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/age_of_sigmar_core_rules_designers_commentary_base_sizes_en.pdf

GW just released the official suggested base size list for AOS, today.

I am afraid that GW will do this in 40K soon.

The real reason is because it looks better. That's all GW cares for with such things. There're also no rules that tell you what base size to use for any of your models so technically nobody could complain if you were to use a 20mm base even as silly as that would look. :biggrin.:

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/age_of_sigmar_core_rules_designers_commentary_base_sizes_en.pdf

GW just released the official suggested base size list for AOS, today.

I am afraid that GW will do this in 40K soon.

Well I hope they do. It's silly to not have a fix base size for each unit. That being said, the AoS base sizes are only for Matched Play and only a suggestion according to the pdf.

Archived