KDC’s Nurgle Affliction - Renegade Militia conversions

• 2 weeks later...

@ Krautscientist

Thank you very much, very nice to here from you. It's a real labour of love and so any deviation from the original is a happy accident.

I've not been getting as much hobby time recently (when do we ever get 'enough' amarite?). But I finally got my hands on the Ogryns so wanted to get one going to see what I was up against. I had a real urge to make one of the sketch ones with the chainsaw arm. I saw that the Chainsaw on the Sentinel model might be just right for this so got to work. It was a few steps again just like the Militia but I've got one done, or at least built...

img_20200816_215832_702.jpg?w=680

img_20200816_215832_701.jpg?w=1024

• 3 weeks later...

@ Hushrong

Thanks buddy. I really wanted to get that FW Renegade look.

After having a little hobby tangent I returned and got the ten Renegades painted...

img_20200904_232048.jpg

I'm happy to see them come out ok considering the vast amount of green stuff on them. Also happy to see my Deathguard bases working ok on these. I had considered changing to something more grimdark or trench like. Glad I didn't now.

The hobby tangent was set off by seeing @Wolfdawgart doing pieces with Phobos Mantis Warriors. Here is an example...

screenshot_20200829_234202.jpg?w=721

Having mainly viewed Phobos marines as something I didn't want in my Space Wolves army (aside from one Deathwatch marine I hadn't done any Primaris at all). But as Mantis Warriors they finally seemed to make sense. So I gave it a go...

img_20200830_083102_929.jpg?w=1024

img_20200829_231234.jpg

I don't have a thread for this so I've just put it in here for now.

Let me know what you think.

@ Bjorn Firewalker

Thank you buddy, I appreciate that.

@ acrowsperch

Thank you. I use the head of the model underneath to help with the shape. I basically put a ball of greenstuff on top of the head and use a clay shaper to spread it down over the head.

@ Sandalphon

Thank you. Primantis is a great name for them. I'm trying to do them at the same time as these Renegades but have huge indecision about them. The Renegades I really know what to do with. Maybe I'll get more of them done.

@ Master Umbra

Thank you very much!

I've taken a few better shots of the Renegades so you can see them a bit better. The first picture was literally me finishing them and being too excited not to post a photo immediately.

img_20200905_213951.jpg

img_20200905_213515.jpg

img_20200905_214733_927.jpg

img_20200905_213644.jpg

img_20200905_213727.jpg

@ Marius Perdo

I would definitely recommend doing some cultists now. The amount of bits available is amazing. I keep having ideas for different units of cultists now. Even thought Chaos Renegade Squats might be worth a whirl the other day.

@ Master Umbra

You flatter me, thank you. A lot of people seem to do that realistic colour scheme for Renegades, my Deathguard are a bit brighter, so i guess it's a compromise.

@ Sagentus

Thank you buddy!

I've done a bit more work on the second Ogryn now. I've really tried to copy the FW Ogryn Berseker so hopefully some of you will recognise that. Here he is at present...

img_20200908_184843_273.jpg

At a bit of a cross roads. Some of my friends want to do Crusade for 9th edition so may be switching to the Mantis Warriors to participate in the short term. The Renegades and Heretics will be a bit difficult in 9th it would seem.

@ Hushrong

Thanks buddy. I really wanted to get that FW Renegade look.

After having a little hobby tangent I returned and got the ten Renegades painted...

img_20200904_232048.jpg

I'm happy to see them come out ok considering the vast amount of green stuff on them. Also happy to see my Deathguard bases working ok on these. I had considered changing to something more grimdark or trench like. Glad I didn't now.

The hobby tangent was set off by seeing @Wolfdawgart doing pieces with Phobos Mantis Warriors. Here is an example...

screenshot_20200829_234202.jpg?w=721

Having mainly viewed Phobos marines as something I didn't want in my Space Wolves army (aside from one Deathwatch marine I hadn't done any Primaris at all). But as Mantis Warriors they finally seemed to make sense. So I gave it a go...

img_20200830_083102_929.jpg?w=1024

img_20200829_231234.jpg

I don't have a thread for this so I've just put it in here for now.

Let me know what you think.

love the helmet. Might use some ideas of it when I paint some wolves!