Imperial Knight faq is out! + codex Renegade knights

hermanista

COMMAND POINTS ARE FIXED!

Page 106 – Knight Lances ability

Change the last sentence to read:

‘The Command Benefit of each Imperial Knights Super-heavy Detachment is changed to ‘None’ if it does not contain at least one Imperial Knights Titanic unit, and is changed to ‘+6 Command Points’ if it contains at least three Imperial Knights Titanic units.’

Still some confusion.

ERRATA

Page 89 – High King Tybalt’s Crusading Host

Change the last paragraph to read:

‘This army fulfills the requirements of two Super-

heavy Detachments (High King Tybalt’s Detachment

and Baron Capulan’s Detachment) and one Super-

heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Sir Hekhtur). As it is

also Battle-forged, its player receives twelve Command

Points – the army receives 3 for being Battle-forged,

High King Tybalt’s Detachment contains three Titanic

units, so contributes 6 additional Command Points,

whilst Baron Capulan’s Detachment contains a single

Titanic unit, so contributes another 3. Sir Hekhtur is in

a Super-heavy Auxiliary Detachment, so contributes no

Command Points.’

Still some confusion.

ERRATA

Page 89 – High King Tybalt’s Crusading Host

Change the last paragraph to read:

‘This army fulfills the requirements of two Super-

heavy Detachments (High King Tybalt’s Detachment

and Baron Capulan’s Detachment) and one Super-

heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Sir Hekhtur). As it is

also Battle-forged, its player receives twelve Command

Points – the army receives 3 for being Battle-forged,

High King Tybalt’s Detachment contains three Titanic

units, so contributes 6 additional Command Points,

whilst Baron Capulan’s Detachment contains a single

Titanic unit, so contributes another 3. Sir Hekhtur is in

a Super-heavy Auxiliary Detachment, so contributes no

Command Points.’

Thats correct. What's the confusing part?

Whats confusing about the example , unless im being a dope here . Im also going to use the  Abbrevations 
A armigar , Q  Questorus  and D dominus  for the 3 classes of knight . 

3 for battle forge, 
6 for at least 3 Q or D class knights in a super heavy   
3  for the single Q class knight's

0  Lord hector in a super heavy aux

12 total

I'm very happy that they changed the CP issue to the solution that I emailed GW about. I'm sure that a lot of people felt that this was the most logical way to go about it, it makes spamming less viable and it also meshes very well with how GW introduced the armigers 4 months ago.

I'm surprised, although very pleasantly so that Chaos gets some love here as I know my brother was pretty excited for a chaos knight before I told him they'd suck in comparison to the imperial kind.

Great stuff GW, good on you! (Still slightly miffed about 3CP rotate ion shields on dominus though. Make it 2 instead, but the big thing with CP was fixed, so still a win)

Anyone else suddenly hoping for a bonus .. codex " Dark mechanicum .... TPD's replaced with Hell-Wrights .
swap imperium for chaos .... " done"

I mean there's nothing to stop me just " playing as chaos" ... sometimes lines must be crossed in the sacred quest for the Toaster STC    but  ... you know ;-)

Finally a Chaos Knight with the Character keyword! He can summon... Damn you Chaos why do you tempt me?

Can he summon? The summon rules are part of the army rules and no such rule exists for knights last I checked. Unless the index somehow gives them that ability.

Good use for a ranged knight if that's the case though.

Incredibly excited for the Detachment changes!  IK-only just became a viable (though perhaps not optimal) build overnight, and Armigers are now no longer a pure "tax" on their Questoris/Dominus-class brethren.  While I may still go for an allied Battalion for CP-farming shenanigans, it's not the necessity it was previously.

COMMAND POINTS ARE FIXED!

Page 106 – Knight Lances ability

Change the last sentence to read:

‘The Command Benefit of each Imperial Knights Super-heavy Detachment is changed to ‘None’ if it does not contain at least one Imperial Knights Titanic unit, and is changed to ‘+6 Command Points’ if it contains at least three Imperial Knights Titanic units.’

ET4YrT1.gif

Finally a Chaos Knight with the Character keyword! He can summon... Damn you Chaos why do you tempt me?

Can he summon? The summon rules are part of the army rules and no such rule exists for knights last I checked. Unless the index somehow gives them that ability.

Chaos Daemons Codex:

DAEMONIC RITUAL

Instead of moving in their Movement phase, any CHAOS CHARACTER can, at the end of their Movement phase, attempt to summon a DAEMON unit with this ability by performing a Daemonic Ritual (the character cannot do so if they arrived as reinforcements this turn, or if they themselves have been summoned to the battlefield this turn)...

The Imperial Knight is a CHAOS CHARACTER.

I mean you could argue you might have to take a daemon detachment to access Daemonic Ritual. But you would probably do that anyway to get access to the Daemonic Pact stratagem which lets you summon twice with the same character.

DAEMONIC PACT

Use this stratagem after a CHAOS CHARACTER from your army has summoned...

Chaos Daemons Codex:

DAEMONIC RITUAL

Instead of moving in their Movement phase, any CHAOS CHARACTER can, at the end of their Movement phase, attempt to summon a DAEMON unit with this ability by performing a Daemonic Ritual (the character cannot do so if they arrived as reinforcements this turn, or if they themselves have been summoned to the battlefield this turn)...

The Imperial Knight is a CHAOS CHARACTER.

I mean you could argue you might have to take a daemon detachment to access Daemonic Ritual. But you would probably do that anyway to get access to the Daemonic Pact stratagem which lets you summon twice with the same character.

DAEMONIC PACT

Use this stratagem after a CHAOS CHARACTER from your army has summoned...

That's the thing I don't know, but isn't that rule in the various chaos army books? If so then it's just a matter of discussing with your opponent.

I mean if someone wants to summon with a knight I'd not say no since I never see summoning anyway.

1750 point army

3 knight super heavy

2 guard battalions with one being a CP battery.

19 CP to start and then the regening starts...

My knights are going to be swimming laps around this pool of command points.

Archived