++Darkest Oaths - Questor Traitoris Thread++

Khornestar

Red and orange would blend in with the rust, I'd suggest something cool and / or dark.

Depends on the color of the rust. Dark red to yellow to brown is all on the table. Heck, you can even do green corrosion as an alternative to the more traditional rust colors.  

Started the paint job:

gallery_69371_14731_18215.jpeg

Also, came up with a list that fits into 2k with minimal wastage:

1x Dual Gatling Knight

1x Fist/Sword Knight

2x Helverin

1x Armiger

1x Atrapos

Works out at 1997, which I thought was pretty sweet. Added bonus, if you drop the Atrapos it's a shade under 1500 so you can play smaller games with it too!

Dragonlover

My basic building blocks right now are a pair of 'Gallant' and a dual thermal cannons renegade for 1149 its a nice chunk of change

Make one the warlord with the leadership relic... a barebones slaneesh battlion with some leadership based physics is 343

I really dig that Magos. And the Arachnoknight idea is just priceless....

I am still torn over setting up a Renegade Household. With all those amazing Nighthaunt models coming this way, I am tempted to run some sort of haunted / undead household. Maybe Tzeentch theme - would have to switch the legs to more bitdlike stances, I guess.

Of course, there is the nagging idea of doing some blown up chaos paladins all dressed in mythic symbols and heraldry...

Maybe Killteam comes just at the right moment and I will look into which killteam I' ll build for skirmish and do a knight house for larger battles that shows two different aspects of the same army....Decisions. Decisions...

I am still torn over setting up a Renegade Household. With all those amazing Nighthaunt models coming this way, I am tempted to run some sort of haunted / undead household. Maybe Tzeentch theme - would have to switch the legs to more bitdlike stances, I guess.

Of course, there is the nagging idea of doing some blown up chaos paladins all dressed in mythic symbols and heraldry...

Maybe Killteam comes just at the right moment and I will look into which killteam I' ll build for skirmish and do a knight house for larger battles that shows two different aspects of the same army....Decisions. Decisions...

If you want to incorporate Nighthaunt, I suggest building a Warp Ghosts CSM army with, for example, Spirit Hosts as Spawn, and then some Tzeentch-Themed ghostly knights. Maybe the recorded personalities in their Thrones gained sentience when exposed to the warp for too long.

This way you could have a bunch of mixed CSM and Nighthaunt miniatures for Kill Team and then add the Knights when you go big. You also wouldn't have to use the current CSM kits, except for a few bits here and there. The Warp Ghosts are renegades and are called out as having recent armor on many of their Marines, so you could incorporate whatever Mark VI, VII, or VIII pieces suit you.

If you want to incorporate Nighthaunt, I suggest building a Warp Ghosts CSM army with, for example, Spirit Hosts as Spawn, and then some Tzeentch-Themed ghostly knights. Maybe the recorded personalities in their Thrones gained sentience when exposed to the warp for too long.

This way you could have a bunch of mixed CSM and Nighthaunt miniatures for Kill Team and then add the Knights when you go big. You also wouldn't have to use the current CSM kits, except for a few bits here and there. The Warp Ghosts are renegades and are called out as having recent armor on many of their Marines, so you could incorporate whatever Mark VI, VII, or VIII pieces suit you.

That is quite an awesome idea! It would also put all that plastic to use I have collected over the years!

Do you mean my hellwright? If you do thank you, it was a fun build. I really like the idea of the ghost house, I'd say run with it and see where it takes you. The image of pilotless knights marching to war surrounded by ghostly men at arms is the kind of interesting idea that 40k is all about in my opinion.

I keep trying to get out stay out while I complete other projects, but they keep trying to drag me in. Well played GW, well played. This turn of events is rather unexpected but is going to play well into future plans. Not yet, but soon... 'ish.

Yessssssssssssssssss

A Magos by any other name ... still looks awesome. ;)

Kind of warming to the Warp Spirit Ghost Knight engines here.... they could have been trapped on their world when Circatrix broke and got fused with their engines. Or most of them were, bound by hexes and tech sorcery by a cabal of nobles and sacristans. It would also be more in line with the 'dex as they are no longer a unified house but in effect an amalgam of freeblades ruleswise...

Then Icould use the Warp Ghost CSm killteam representing the entities they broker passage through the Warp with.

And add a second killteam I'd Necrosacristan Skitarii which hunt for relics and ..things... required as sacrifice to keep the knights bound and running...

And while I am liking this, this...thing... in my head goes on a rampage....

And has the knights as the giant idols and god things that rule tribes of abhumans and mutants. With cyborg beastmen killteams...

Which needs just little push to became a Void Skaven Engine enclave with so much kit bashing and carapace mounted Warp flame throwers and gutter runner borgs (Skittercari!) and Rat ogryn servitors...

Until I need a cold shower and GW slaps out a new edition... but it's fun and I am not complaining :p

I've been drafting some mostly-Knight lists for a future project. I'll be attending a narrative campaign (1750pts) and I want something that can stand up to the enemy, but isn't necessarily tailored 100% for WAAC. With Renegades already lacking behind their loyalist brethren I'm eager to take what advantages I can to close the gap, however.

Questor Traitoris Super-Heavy Detachment 

Lords of War

Renegade Knight Castellan - 604pts

Renegade Knight - 473pts
- Heavy stubber
- Avenger Gatling cannon and heavy flamer x2

Renegade Knight - 473pts
- Heavy stubber
- Avenger Gatling cannon and heavy flamer x2

Battalion Detatchment

HQ

Renegade Commander - 30pts
- Plasma pistol
- Chainsword

Renegade Commander - 25pts

Troops

Renegade Cultists x10 - 40pts

The alternate idea was to swap out the Castellan for another stock Knight with dual Thermal cannons and use the left-overs for Stormspear Rocket Pods and another squad of Cultists. Failing that, two Armigers.
Edited by Lord Marshal

Cheers! It's the power fist cover from a Helbrute if anyone was wondering.

The trident crest happened because I needed something that was easy to freehand. I spent an hour or so looking at every Knight House on Lexicanum, both loyal and Renegade. Not many had examples of the crest, but most of the Renegade ones were weapons of some kind. I settled on the trident due to the vague fluff of their world having lots of oceans.

It also has some play in it, I'm gonna leave the middle tine out to represent bastards, and promoted commoners only get the middle tine. At the moment anyway, I may invert for bastards and leave a tine out for commoners, not sure yet.

Dragonlover

Cheers! It's the power fist cover from a Helbrute if anyone was wondering.

The trident crest happened because I needed something that was easy to freehand. I spent an hour or so looking at every Knight House on Lexicanum, both loyal and Renegade. Not many had examples of the crest, but most of the Renegade ones were weapons of some kind. I settled on the trident due to the vague fluff of their world having lots of oceans.

It also has some play in it, I'm gonna leave the middle tine out to represent bastards, and promoted commoners only get the middle tine. At the moment anyway, I may invert for bastards and leave a tine out for commoners, not sure yet.

Dragonlover

Sounds pretty cool- the symbolic code of heraldry is a fun thing to play around with. 

my 2 cents: I like the idea of removing the central tine for bastards (representing offshoots of the true house) and inverting the trident for commoners. Sort of like the logic behind the Petrine Cross, where the Apostle supposedly asked to be crucified upside down since he felt unworthy of dying the exact same way as Christ. The commoners are similarly unworthy of having the same symbol as the members of the house, so for them the trident gets flipped.

Edited by Azekai

This is up in my WIP thread but I thought I'd share it here as well. My first renegade is almost finished. I'm pretty happy with the progress so far. Really excited for my shapeways order to come in so I can start customising all three knights a little further.

pixlr_20180703114209869.jpg

Edited by TURBULENCE