++Darkest Oaths - Questor Traitoris Thread++

Khornestar

So, I'm going to be coming into an Armiger Warglaive via a friend of mine (did some trading), and was thinking, I'll likely use it to support my Death Guard. I'm also thinking of making a Chainsword/Fist melee Knight and a Dominus Knight Castellan.

I'm just wondering what scheme I could go for it.

I'm thinking of having it contrast, or compliment my Death Guard's colour scheme, as seen here by Mortarion:

Hidden Content
KAQciM9.jpg

sK3HOXq.jpg

VvsczJp.jpg

Any thoughts? I'm thinking of using one of the Death Guard Vectorum colour schemes from the Codex, possibly the Mouldering Claw

That works. I'm more a fan of going with a Household, but after 10,000 years I'm sure many have lost their identity and just dedicated themselves to a God / Gods and take the scheme or whomever they're seconded to.

That works. I'm more a fan of going with a Household, but after 10,000 years I'm sure many have lost their identity and just dedicated themselves to a God / Gods and take the scheme or whomever they're seconded to.

Who says they aren't going to be a household? I didn't say they aren't.

It's just the Nurgle-dedicated households, none of them have colours listed. And we know with House Devine that households who fall to Chaos can change their colours drastically (black and green to pastel pink and purple).

I'm just making a custom household and need to come up with a colour-scheme :lol:

Edited by Gederas

I have had 3 games in the past 2 days, core of the list was 2 'Gallants' and a double thermal cannon renegade

The supporting act was a battlion of renegade chaos marines, dark aposile and exaulted champion both with no upgrades and 72 cultists... having them running and charging made a huge difference to their utility in the support role

So, after spending a long time, I finally chose the scheme for my Nurgle House, House Mortuus.

And it's going to be dark/dirty green paneling, dirty brass trim, black shoulder panels, red optics, and a LOT of rust on the metal framing. Like, so much rust that it looks more like its made out of it. Presently unsure of what to make the skin on the more corrupted areas. Maybe green, or some diseased looking skin?

So, after spending a long time, I finally chose the scheme for my Nurgle House, House Mortuus.

And it's going to be dark/dirty green paneling, dirty brass trim, black shoulder panels, red optics, and a LOT of rust on the metal framing. Like, so much rust that it looks more like its made out of it. Presently unsure of what to make the skin on the more corrupted areas. Maybe green, or some diseased looking skin?

Sounds neat- Kevlarshark just posted pics of ogryn/spawn with unhealthy, bruised-looking skin. That might be a cool option.

Sounds neat- Kevlarshark just posted pics of ogryn/spawn with unhealthy, bruised-looking skin. That might be a cool option.
That is indeed good. Hmm...

Could always do like I am on my Knights skin-wise.

K2uJL26l.jpg

That can work. How'd you do that?

Speaking of your Knights, where'd all the horns on that Armiger come from? Glottkin? Pox Maggoth riders? Combination of kits?

Most of the horns on the Armiger came from Poxwalkers and the Easy to Build Terminators. A couple are from the Chaos Spawn kit which is a GREAT source for bits... the largest horn is from the Maggoth I believe but could be the Glottkin. 

As for the flesh recipe, here's my step by step process:

DuskRaider's Flesh Recipe

Edited by DuskRaider

Most of the horns on the Armiger came from Poxwalkers and the Easy to Build Terminators. A couple are from the Chaos Spawn kit which is a GREAT source for bits... the largest horn is from the Maggoth I believe but could be the Glottkin.

As for the flesh recipe, here's my step by step process:

DuskRaider's Flesh Recipe

Huh. That's quite easy when it comes to the horns. And what about the big Knight?

And thanks for the flesh tutorial. That's quite helpful.

Anyone else run their knights with hordes of cultists?

Been running mine with a cheap dark aposile and exalted champion, with the renegade trait so they run and charge they can almost keep up with the knights and do a great job of table control

Thought I'd throw this question in here rather than making a new thread:

I'm working on the heraldry for my (fairly recently turned) Renegade Knight House, and I was wondering if you guys had any ideas for what a Questor Imperialis Household might replace the Aquila on their heraldic shield with if they had turned their back on the Imperium? The design can be Chaos-y in nature but doesn't have to be.

Right now my working concept only uses a single design across the full shield but I'm still interested in mocking up some alternative ideas for the artist I'm working with.

Thought I'd throw this question in here rather than making a new thread:

I'm working on the heraldry for my (fairly recently turned) Renegade Knight House, and I was wondering if you guys had any ideas for what a Questor Imperialis Household might replace the Aquila on their heraldic shield with if they had turned their back on the Imperium? The design can be Chaos-y in nature but doesn't have to be.

Right now my working concept only uses a single design across the full shield but I'm still interested in mocking up some alternative ideas for the artist I'm working with.

Maybe they scratched it up, or started painting over it something else?

Maybe they instead use their own House heraldry instead of the Imperial iconography?

I just took my time and either dremeled out or used a scalpel to make a nice hole then fit the horns in snug, glued them and used green stuff to fill it in and make it look relatively neat. I'm not a master with green stuff, but it gets the job done.

So here's my super basic mock-up of where my heraldry is headed.

I'm no artist (obviously) and this is what I threw together on short notice as a rough visual aid for the person I'm working with. Essentially the idea was more to illustrate the sort of elements I'm looking for rather than to be an absolutely one-to-one representation of the end product, so pretty much nothing beyond the core colours on the shield and perhaps the form of the eight-point star should be expected to look anything much like they do there in the final version. It's very probable that the central symbol will end up a little more like this when all's said and done and that things will generally be a bit more sinister.

The long and short of it is that I've fleshed and/or revamped the background of my Knight House and (to keep things short) they've ended up as a society that was cut off from the Imperium by warp storms during the opening of the Great Rift, slipped somewhat back to the mentalities and traditions of the days of Old Night in (unnaturally) prolonged isolation, and eventually had an internal schism that ended with the destruction of the remaining Imperial loyalists after an individual from the other side of the divide made a pact with a daemonic entity that had presented itself as a figure from local folklore. As such their current heraldry is a mix of pre-Imperium iconography, hold-overs from the loyalist era and a central symbol which (hopefully) combines a fairly clean eight-point star with a blade clutched tightly in the claws of a dragon ahamkara, the latter being an evolution/corruption of their former heraldry.

Sounds really awesome, dawnstar. The emblem is cool looking and you clearly put a lot of thought into it.

The only concern I have is that depending on the size of the crest the small helm at the top might seem indistinct... it could look look more like a little knob than anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently making pretty good progress on the first of my two Warglaives (and the second has its skeleton finished) and I have a Gallant fully built for when I'm done with that.

Also I now have the simple version of my heraldry meant to be scaled down for decals:

gallery_82168_14652_86681.png

• 1 month later...