++Darkest Oaths - Questor Traitoris Thread++

Khornestar

Just had a pretty awesome game against Ultramarines. 2k points.

Opponent had 2 10 man Scout Squads, 1 10 man Tac Squad, Bobby G, Primaris Captain, Primaris Ancient, 3 Predators, 10 Devs w/4 Plasma Cannons, 1 Rhino, Primaris Librarian, 2 MM Attack Bikes and 3 Bikers w/2 Meltaguns.

I took my House Malinax list, which is currently 3 Renegade Knights (Dual Thermal, Dual Avenger, Gallant, all with shoulder stubbers and Ironstorm on Gallant), 1 Lasher Maulerfiend, 1 Cutter Maulerfiend, a Forgefiend w/2 Hades and Daemon Jaws, a Hellwright, and 2 Chaos Spawn.

Mission was Cleanse and Control, Search and Destroy deployment. Gallant was my Warlord with Legendary Fighter and Traitor's Mark. Hellwright was using Iron Warriors rules and had the Exoskeleton.

My opponent conceded on Turn 5 with only 2 Tac Marines and a battered Rhino left. I had the Gallant on 1 wound left, the Hellwright, 1 Spawn, an undamaged Forgefiend, and the Avenger knight on 12 wounds.

Table was about 50 percent terrain with decent LOS blockage.

I had jammed the fire lanes with the 3 Fiends supported by the Dual Thermal knight while Gallant cut left to go around a flank and Avenger stayed on home objective.

While the Fiends soaked enemy fire, the Thermal guy was blowing up Preds and Avenger was murdering Scouts and anything else on my right flank before shelling the Attack Bikes to death.

Bobby G and most of my opponent's middle were killing both Maulerfiends and taking half the wounds off the Gallant before it turned the corner into his backline. That got messy as I charged there when Bobby went forward to put an end to Thermal guy.

His last Predator, the bikers, and the devs all died there. To be fair, the devs had lost their teeth when my opponent gambled on rerolling 2's and killed 3 of his Plasma Cannons. I had fun killing the Pred with the Gauntlet and hurling it into the Devs for 2 MW.

Avenger and Hellwright moved up to hold the middle with covering fire from the Forgefiend and it was just barely enough to drop Bobby after the Thermal knight died.

Then Bobby got up, took half of Avenger's wounds, and then went down for the final time when the Fiend opened up. Hellwright took on the captain and the Librarian at the same time, killed the Libby and then fell back so the Avenger knight could kill the Captain with Heavy Flamers and cut the last Tac Squad down to 2 models with the cannons.

All in all it went well. Trail of Destruction and Daemonforge made my shooting pretty deadly and the Fiends took a lot of pressure off of the big guys. Man of the Match was the Thermal Knight for toasting 2 Preds, and wounding both the 3rd one and the Rhino. He almost killed the Captain on overwatch and did a fair number of wounds to him in CC.

Good times.

I find the double thermal cannon knight to be brutal most games I play (I don't play the knights very often).  But my last game with them I tried the double RFBC and man...that thing is mean.

I've used the double Thermal and faced the double Battle Cannon. Both can be quite crazy. The dual RFBC is expensive, but played right, it can hit the entire table and there is literally nowhere to hide.

• 4 weeks later...

@techsoldaten, I've also got the Renegade box set along with 2 Helverins and I'll add them to my Pallid Hand army and as for a colour scheme I'll paint them in the same colour as Paillid Hand with some Death Guard green for heraldry added in and typhus corrosion on all the metal areas and maybe some green added in for Nurgle in.

I wanted to make them Rust Hounds but there's no colour scheme for them, as of yet. So my suggestion would be to see what colour schemes are out there for renegades and try your scheme for renegade knights

@techsoldaten, I've also got the Renegade box set along with 2 Helverins and I'll add them to my Pallid Hand army and as for a colour scheme I'll paint them in the same colour as Paillid Hand with some Death Guard green for heraldry added in and typhus corrosion on all the metal areas and maybe some green added in for Nurgle in.

I wanted to make them Rust Hounds but there's no colour scheme for them, as of yet. So my suggestion would be to see what colour schemes are out there for renegades and try your scheme for renegade knights

Rusthounds are an off-shoot of House Krast. So they should, logically, follow a similar colour-scheme, just heavily rusted and corrupted-looking since they are afflicted with the Ferric Blight?

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/c/c7/Xantus.jpg

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/5/59/HouseKrastKnight.jpg

Especially since the Rusthounds are a RECENT fallen group, having fell in an unknown date in M42

Edited by Gederas

The Dark Mechanicus does not have Renegade Knight Houses right? They just use Chaos-corrupted Cerastus Knights and some Questoris?

There's no MENTION of it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I'd say go ahead and do it

After seeing some of the inspiring work others have posted in this thread, I wanted to share my humble conversion of an armiger warglaive that's supporting my Khorne daemonkin force.

MwHKZiC.jpg?1

I tried to emulate some of the detail of the Forgeworld Knight kit to tie it in with a model I'd previously built. Bits used include chassis pieces from the Bloodthrone, spikes from the 'cockpit' of the helbrute, spikes from the Possessed kit (ironically better sized for this kit than a 28mm figure), armor/trim from a Forgefiend on the thermal lance, trim pieces from the raptors kit added as detail to the chain blade and a mouth from a spare Puppetswar barghest fiend, with a little green stuff for trim detail and gap filling.

Any feedback is appreciated and welcome - I'm going to build another one of these soon as well as a pair of Hellverins.

Edited by Sgt. Blank

What would be the best Renegade Knight variant to accompany a Renegades and Heretics army?

It depends some on what else you have in your army. The strength of renegade knights is being able to mount two 'main' guns.

Mathematical, two avenger gatling cannons is, on average, the best all around due to predictable volume of fire and decent strength, AP and damage. It has high enough volume of fire to threaten infantry blobs and high enough strength and damage to be decent against armor.

Dual battle cannons can do more damage if the randomization is favorable but it may need command re-rolls to maximize output when it's needed.

Dual thermal cannons can really put a hurt on tough units like other knights.

Lastly, the Gallant (chainsword and power fist) is less points but can put out reliable high damage attacks if it reaches assault.

Well uhh... at the very least you had House Malinax which was very much integrated or even created by Xana II. I would assume any Traitor Knight Houses have to be closely associated with the Dark Mechanicum, if only by necessity.

Yep. Malinax was native to Xana II and technically a Mechanicus House until they fell in first with the traitors in general and then with Scoria in Particular once he got free during the fighting and then created the first Hell Forge.

What do you think the chances are we get more flavor in Chapter Approved?

Well, we probably won't get the likes of a warlord trait that grants our giant metal monsters +1 to their invuln saves.

Still salty about that. Who in their right mind links a warlord trait to something so all-encompassingly powerful?

I think it's low, unfortunately. While they've mentioned "reprinting" it, I've seen nothing about revisions or expansion. 

I still like that they'll be printing a copy, it'll still make it easier for me to read and show people, instead of having to squint at a pdf on my phone. 

I keep seeing nonsense about our chaos knights being significantly cheaper- is this true?

These are the only changes I see, for the FW knights: (I could have overlooked them, was scrolling quickly):

TFbpOML.png

Edited by Juggernut